Chapter 13: I Don't Blame Them

*Rubee's POV*

"So, uh, these your friends?" Arai asks Haruhi sweat dropping. He is obviously either worried or scared about Tamaki and the twins and I don't blame him. I am sipping my tea with one of my hands on the table when Kyoya places his on top of it. I take my hand out from under and give Kyoya a death glare that he can feel rather than see.

And Tamaki is getting struck by lightning... What is going on? I find him in his corner for a second but then being the mood swing that Tamaki is he is up and at it once again without consoling needed. We are all listening to Haruhi and Arai's conversation, curious as to who this mysterious guy is. "I haven't seen you since graduation." Haruhi says, sounding cheery. "Yea, you cut all your hair off. That's a shame, '' Arai answers.

"I mean I don't think so. I mean, since I cut it, it has been easier to manage." Haruhi responds, tugging at a small piece of her hair. I had drifted a little from the conversation until I hear my name..... But who said it? "So these guys are all in a club with you?" Arai asks. "Host Club. All but Rubee, she hangs around with us" Haruhi says, irritated. "Oh. Is that so?" Arai speculates. "Hey, Haruhi! Don't you think you should be working?" Hikaru says pointedly, Can he be any more obvious?

I go to stand up to go back to Tamaki's cottage when a hand stops me. Kyoya. I look next to me and see he has grabbed onto my sleeve. "Where are you going?" He asks. "Back to Tamaki's cottage. Why? Does that affect you in any way?" I snap back, Gosh why do I have to like someone who literally flirts in their free time? I look around and see Tamaki crouching near a wall shredding papers.

"Hey, quit making more garbage I'll have to take out." Haruhi says, annoyed. "It's not garbage. I'm making a hamster home." Tamaki replies sadly. "But you don't even have a hamster Tamaki" I say mumbling. I forcefully pull my sleeve out of Kyoya's grip and walk over to my sad friend.

"Allez Tamaki quel est le problème?" (English: Come on Tamaki, what's the matter?) I ask crouching down. "Haruhi a dit que je suis juste sa connaissance ey pas son senpai" (English: Haruhi said I am just her acquaintance and not her senpai...) Tamaki pouts. "Ne lui as-tu pas dit que pendant qu'elle était ton apprentie tu n'étais pas son senpai?" (English: Didn't you tell her that while she was your apprentice you weren't her senpai?) I ask, intrigued by my dumb friend. "Je suppose que je l'ai fait..." (English: I guess I did...) Tamaki says, less pouty. "Alors n'était-elle pas juste en train d'écouter ce que tu lui disais de faire?" (English: Then wasn't she just listening to what you told her to do?) I say, raising an eyebrow. I got him now. "Your right! My darling daughter was only just listening to my request!" Tamaki says, jumping up from the ground.

Tamaki runs away and I start cleaning the mess he caused. It's not fair to make Haruhi do it when she's catching up with a friend. "Hey, it's no big deal. He's right, I did have a thing for you once. But who cares, you already turned me down right?" Arai says, earning everyone's attention, even mine.

Everyone gasps in surprise. "Why do you look so surprised?" Kyoya asked upon seeing Haruhi surprised as well. "Well I didn't know," Haruhi responds. How could you not know? "You have to fill us in on this story, Arai" Tamaki asks, basically pleading with the poor guy. The guy goes on to explain how he very subtly, to the point of no one knowing what he's trying to do, to Haruhi he wanted to go to the same high school and expected Haruhi to know that meant he liked him. BORING. And now Honey, Mori, and Kyoya are playing cops. What school have I gotten myself into?

In an instant again my vision is blurry. I very clumsily walk over to the couch I was sleeping on the other day and sit down with my head in my hands. I don't look up until I hear shouting coming from Hikaru and Haruhi. Haruhi had slapped Hikaru from the sounds of it. They sounded close to. From the blurred blobs they were at the bar right next to me. I feel the couch sink and someone puts their arm around my shoulder. I look over and see a raven haired boy so it was either Kyoya or Mori. But then the boy pushes something up his nose. Glasses. Kyoya.