Chapter 14: Roses and Brother

Start from the beginning

We discuss Honey's family history with Haruhi before we all, I mean I decided that we would go to the middle school and talk to Yasuchika. On our way out we run into Rubee, sitting in a dark corner in the hall studying. "Rubee-chan what are you doing?" Honey asks her. "I am studying, no need to leave the school before club hours" She says sniffling. Was she crying?

Rubee decides to come with us to the middle school. Well it was more of I forced her to come with us against her will. But once we actually get to the school, Honey, Mori and Rubee run off somewhere, I don't know where. The rest of us head towards the dojo where the karate club is meeting. All of us knowing full well that that is where Yasuchika is.

When we get closer we all hear some of the club members talking, "Y'know, Captain Haninozuka sure is a strict captain. No matter how hard we try it's like he's never satisfied. I really don't think I can take it." "He is skilled but nowhere near the skills of his brother Mitsikuni" Another members says. This seems to make Yasuchika snap, "You will not talk about my brother in my presence, do you understand?"

We were all watching through the window, things slowly making sense. Yasuchika was jealous of Honey. The twins start to run off saying 'the reason of the fight is boring' How could they not care about the brother's feelings?! I was yelling at the twins when just then Honey, Mori, and Rubee all walk into view.

"It's okay Tama-chan, really." Honey says, sounding ready to cry. Honey explains that he doesn't mind if Yasuchika hates him, he would just be happy seeing his younger brother grow into his potential. Yasuchika comes out mad at all of us for coming to the school. Then we get the deeper truth to why Yasuchika doesn't like Honey. "You mean, you don't like your brother because he gets up in the middle of the night, once a week might I add, and eats cake? That's why you're mad?" Rubee asks, bewildered with the reasoning.

And with that Yasuchika snaps, full blown anger over Honey eating a lot of cake. Interesting. Yasuchika calms, "There was once a time where we got along.... Sure he has always had a fondness for cute things and more of a sweet tooth than I. But I always respected his ability to stay away and restrain himself from it, even though he loved it. And then some idiot came and brainwashed him, saying something about acknowledging who you really are, and just being yourself. That that's true strength!"

"That was you wasn't it boss?" the twins ask. I turn to see Rubee shaking her head. " No! No, it wasn't me" I nervously laugh waving my hand. "Only you Tamaki" Rubee says, shaking her head chuckling. "There is a way to solve this you know" Mori says, patting Honey on the back. "You've got it figured out?" I ask, stopping freaking out. "So Mitsukuni, you know what to do" Mori finishes.

"I'm sorry Chika-chan. I didn't know you hated sweets that much. But I can't change who I am. I am thankful to Tama-chan and all of the host club for showing me that. Rubee-chan as well. She may hide from the world but she isn't hiding from us. They all showed me a great power in myself that I deserve to be who I am and want to be. So.... Let's settle this like men, in the Haninozuka style." Honey says, smirking at the end.

The brothers get into a fighting stance, all of us standing on the sidelines watching. Mori explaining to us throughout the battle that he has seen them fight before, and that Yasuchika uses Mitsukuni's movements from the last match. "There's no need to worry about the outcome of this match. I can already tell you that Miskuni is planning on throwing the match and letting Yasuchika win this match." Mori finishes.

There is a long silence, until Rubee speaks up, "Is it just me or was that the most I heard Mori-senpai speak since I have met him?" Everyone chuckles but I notice something, Rubee side eyes Kyoya while he is laughing, is she mad at him? Just then we see Honey not hold back in the fight, he is not planning on throwing. And from the looks of it that surprised even Mori. Honey has won the fight. "I guess his love for cake overpowers his love for his brother" Haruhi making an inference.