Chapter Nine

Kyoya drove Yuhi back home the following morning . They stopped for coffee but Yuhi wasn't hungry. Neither was Kyoya.

"You have today off, right?" Kyoya asked as he walked Yuhi to his apartment.

Yuhi nodded. "I'm...going to stay in today, I think," he said quietly. He still sounded exhausted.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Kyoya asked him.

"No...I'll be okay. I just want to lug around in bed today."

"You deserve it." They reached Yuhi's door. "I have a few errands to run today but if you need anything just call me. I'll be right over."

Yuhi nodded and forced a smile at him. "Thank you, Kyoya."

He leaned forward and kissed Kyoya. Kyoya was surprised by the gesture but he welcomed it. He held Yuhi loosely to tell him with his body language that if he pulled away Kyoya would let him go. But Yuhi didn't pull away.

It was a simple contact of closed lips, but it was contact that both desperately needed. When Yuhi broke the kiss Kyoya immediately released him, but the other man was smiling. "I'll see you later."

Kyoya smiled back. "I'll see you later, Yuhi."

Kyoya waited until Yuhi entered his apartment before he dropped his smile. He clenched his jaw and his fists before storming back down the hallway.

*

"Bastard."

"Don't ever talk to me again."

"Delete my number."

"If you ever go near Yuhi again, I'll make you regret it."

The text messages were still coming in from his..."friends". Shibuya dropped his phone on the floor and scrubbed a hand over his face as he fell backwards onto his bed. His phone continued to buzz on the floor. Someone was trying to call him, but he didn't answer it.

Shibuya pressed the back of his hand over his eyes, frowning deeply. "Yuhi," he murmured softly. "What are you telling these guys?"

He pressed a hand against the mattress. Once more his mind wandered back to that fateful night with Yuhi. He remembered how good his body felt, and the way his heart pounded. He remembered the responses from Yuhi's body, and the noises he made.

He enjoyed it. I know he did. So why has he been acting this way?

"STOP!"

The singular word cut through his mind and Shibuya felt his heart clench once more. He inhaled and exhaled steadily for a few moments to calm down. No. I know what it was like. It wasn't like that. It—

There was a knock at his front door. No...Not a knock. More like a pounding, like someone was trying to put their fist through the door. Shibuya scoffed and quickly climbed out of bed and crossed the short distance to the door. There was no pause to the pounding. He didn't check the peephole before he opened it.

That proved to be a mistake when Kyoya slammed his fist into his mouth.

*

Kyoya thought that he would get some satisfaction from punching Shibuya in the face, but his rage only mounted as the other man flew backwards and landed on his backside on the floor. He scrambled backwards, holding a hand to his bleeding mouth as Kyoya stepped into the apartment and closed the door behind him.

"Get up," he hissed, clenching both fists as he advanced upon Shibuya. "Get up now!" he hollered.

"What do you want?!" Shibuya growled. He struggled to his feet, but Kyoya didn't wait for him. He grabbed Shibuya by his collar and slammed him in to the opposite wall. The force of the impact shook the whole small apartment.