Fun and Games II - You're it!

20 minutes later
Yunho's Point of View

Everything happened so fast. People tearing through their carry-ons trying to find the phone to shut off the alarm, zombies begining to pile up and pound on the glass doors, security pushing back against the doors to try and make the barricades hold.

"Jongho, Yeosang, follow my lead," Bosam said, grabbing as many of our bags as she could and not waiting for them to agree before running to the vending machines. Jongho and I were the first to react, running after her. Jongho grabbed a few more bags, but I had my arms full since I was carrying Rowoon. I know noona didn't tell me to follow, but she was crazy if she thought I'd let us get separated.

As she ran, she picked up a stanchion– one of those metal poles that are connected by pieces of fabric to help organize the lines at the gate– and the four of us recoiled as we watched her swing it at full force against one of the vending machines, causing the acrylic to shatter.

"Well don't just stand there! Hurry!" Bosam said, thrusting the now-dented metal pole into Jongho's arms before starting to shove food from the vending machine into the bags.

Jongho snapped out of his shock and quickly followed her lead, breaking the acrylic of the next vending machine before giving it to Yeosang as he began to fill his own bags.

Yeosang hesitated, scared and confused by everything that was happening. He looked at me helplessly, then at the doors. As if on cue, the doors finally gave in and shattered on top of the security guards, who instantly became trampled by the hoard of zombies that began to fill the room.

It was such a horrific sight... no amount of zombie media could've prepared us for it. They looked just like people, but they were covered in fresh, open wounds. They looked pale, their skin infused with a gray-ish tint and their faces... their faces were so haunting. Their eyes looked like those of a dead fish, the life in them visibly missing, and they had this numb, lost expression on their faces. Some had broken, unhinged jaws, some had visibly broken noses, twisted at abnormal angles... one's eye was even out of its socket. And the smell... nothing could've prepared me for the smell. Blood and decay... I could smell it from all the way over here.

Rowoon let out a terrified little whine before hiding his face in my neck. I could feel his breathing and whimpering... he was so scared, but he was trying not to cry.

"Shit... Give it back. Hurry!" Bosam said, realizing Yeosang had frozen in fear and only she and Jongho got to collect food, before tearing the metal pole away from him and running away, back towards our group, with us four following closely behind.

Bosam's chest rose and fell as she looked around the group, panicked, but trying to stay calm to be the leader we needed. After all... we were all looking at her as if awaiting instructions. I can't imagine the pressure she must be feeling.

I stepped up beside her and took one of the bags. "Hyung, take this one. Wooyoung, take the other one. Chaewon," I said, handing out the bags hurriedly to some of our members and Chaewon so Bosam didn't have to carry them. "Hongjoong, Jongho, Mingi, Jinho grab one of these," Bosam said, holding up her metal pole. They ran to do as she said. She then looked up at me and then down at her child in my arms. "Yunho... please, whatever you do, don't let go of him." She asked, or rather, begged. "Never," I promised.

The zombies had begun attacking some of the people who were inside the gate with us... And more and more were flooding in. Bosam looked around in a panic, trying to find an escape route.