Watch Over You

Minutes later

Bosam's Point of View

Seonghwa and I decided to share a cab that dropped him off at the KQ building first, and then took me to Zico's apartment building. As he was getting off, I gave him a quick "fighting!", which earned me one of his preciously awkward smiles before he said a quick goodbye and raced towards the building.

I sent Jiho a quick text to let him know I was almost there, and soon enough, I got off at his building and started to make my way up to his apartment.

Getting into that elevator up to his suite made me take a shaky deep breath. I hadn't been to his place in forever. Seeing my reflection in the shiny interior of the elevator made me see a younger, short haired Bosam instead of my current appearance. I felt like I had gone back four years into the past and was trying not to cry after fighting with my then boyfriend, while climbing up to his apartment to seek Jiho's shoulder to comfortably cry on. I shook my head a little as the memories tried flooding back to me. This was different. This was a good visit, not a sad, needy one.

The ding of the elevator arriving at his floor made me jump a little, and I quickly got off. The rooms were more sparse on the higher, more expensive levels, so I had to walk all the way down the hall to his apartment. Once there, I knocked, and the door instantly flew open. "Coffee girl!" He said with a bright smile, throwing his arms open to give me a hug.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and made me let out a tiny yelp when he hugged me off my feet and gave me a quick spin, making me giggle as he set me down with a sigh. "You're happy today," I said, a little surprised by his warm welcome. Sure, we were affectionate with each other, but it wasn't every day that he greeted me like this. "Of course! You asked to come over after a long time and brought me a home made bento box! I haven't had one of these since... man, I think since the last time you brought us some for the 'It Was Love' shoot." He said, making my eyes widen a bit.

"Oh my gosh! You remember that?" I asked. When he mentioned it... wow. It just made a whole wave of emotions and memories hit me: Rowoon was only a few months old, and it was my first time leaving him. It had been around a year since Rowoon's father and I had broken up, and Jiho was releasing one of his solo songs, "It Was Love". He had called me a few weeks before, saying the song meant a lot to him, and that he really wanted me to hear it before it came out. So he came to my place. I remember that was the first time I saw him since the break up, and it was his first time meeting my newborn son too. And then he played the song for me. It was beautiful, nothing like I'd ever heard from him. It was tender, raw, and vulnerable- a ballad, for crying out loud! I was used to more "cool" things from him, so I was really surprised.

He ended up asking me to come to the music video shooting, for all times' sake, so I did, and I even prepared him and Luna (the featuring artist) some bento boxes. I can't believe he still remembers that. "Of course I do. Now come in, before my food gets cold." He said, ushering me inside and letting me take off my shoes.

Once inside, I couldn't help but notice how similar things looked to five years ago. I could only notice some changes like how his award shelves were more full, and then my eyes widened as I spotted a few more picture frames. "Aww oppa!" I said, rushing over to a picture in a frame of that very day I was just remembering: my mom took a picture of the three of us: Jiho, little newborn Rowoon, and me. He also had a few other pictures of Rowoon, which were new. He chuckled from the couch, where he had just sat down. "What? Did you think you two wouldn't be up there?" he asked, smiling. "Come sit, chestnut." he said, patting the spot beside him.

I quickly walked over and plopped down next to him, looking at him expectantly as he started untying the cloth knot around the bento box. He squinted his eyes a little and had a surprised/confused smile as he looked in. "Am I gonna need my glasses?" he asked, pulling out the bento box. To my surprise, there was a note on top of the bento box, despite me not having written one. I leaned over, just as surprised and curious as he was to read it.