5: Cute Café Boy

Comincia dall'inizio

Joel huffed in frustration as he couldn't figure out the right wording... why wasn't it coming out? It's not like he's never dated someone— it's just never seemed this... hard. "Iced Americano! For Cute-Café-Kid!" Did the short uni-child just call him a 'kid?'

Joel stood up to collect the drink... it was too sweet. How did he manage to add this much sugar to an iced americano? Lizzie made it better.

Lizzie 🌸
(582) - 482 - 3690

Hello Lizzie! It's Joel from Coca Café, I got your number from one of your co-workers

I was wondering if you'd be interested in a date?

Hi Joel! I'd love to! When are you free?

I'm free anytime, my job's very flexible

If you're free on Friday, I could pick you up and we could go to the local arcade together :D

That'll be awesome! I'll send you an address on Friday. Can't wait to see you, Joel! 💖

Can't wait to see you too

Joel stared at his phone, did he really just...? He had to tell Sausage! The brunette was ecstatic, he didn't know he was that good at picking up chicks—he dialled his best friend; "I'm so smooth— She said yes. I'm better than you—" Joel spoke while grinning, his day had been made.

"Hold up— did you get the chick?" Joel rolled his eyes although Sausage wouldn't be able to tell, "What do you think?" He asked sarcastically, only for a genuine hum as Sausage was trying to think. "Yes! I did, dummy." Joel answered himself as his dense friend didn't seem to get it.

"Yay! Now just don't mess up the date and you'll be good."

Lizzie was very excited for this date, it felt like forever since she had first landed her eyes on her favourite regular customer. It felt too perfect, almost like a dream. She wished that if it was possibly a dream, she would never wake up.

She got ready with a dress Shubble had gifted her for her birthday, "Hopefully he likes this..." She smiled at herself in the mirror before she took a glance out her window, Joel should be arriving any second now. "Sis, your annoying boyfriend is here... he's in the living room..." Her younger brother knocked on her doorframe, Joel was on time.

"Thanks Jimmy, make sure you do the laundry!" Lizzie grabbed her wallet and essentials and threw them all in her bag. "Yeah, yeah... go on a date so I'm stuck doing the chores..." Jimmy let out a scoff but was obviously happy that his sister found someone special.

Lizzie met the brunette in the living room, he sat on the couch, waiting for her patiently. Not what Fwhip had reported him to be like while she was gone from the coffee shop, but she appreciated his patience. "I'm ready." Joel smiled as he got up, holding a hand out for her to take. "You look lovely Lizzie."

He led her out to his car, not luxurious but it was notably extremely clean on the inside. Joel held the door open on the passenger side for her, "Thanks..." The brunette soon got on the driver's side as he pulled out of the Shadow-family's parking.

"What do you do for a living?" The pinkette asked as she looked over to the brunette. He wore full white, the only colour popping off of the brown and white was the faded green streak he had in his otherwise dark chocolate coloured hair. "I'm a film student, I do some small gigs on the side as I finish my final year. I've got a few offers from a couple studios like Paramount Pictures."

"Paramount? Like the studio that filmed the Titanic?" Joel laughed and nodded, "Yeah, the one with Jack and Rose... what about you?" He asked in response, glancing over at his date for a second before his gaze returned to the road. "I work at my parents' coffee shop of course, I'm planning on opening a second location myself in the near future actually."

"Exciting! Where?" Joel's excitement was cute. She had told a few other people but nobody else seemed as interested as Joel... maybe Fwhip was but that's because he was gonna help her. "On the east side, down Fireblock St."

"It's okay, I didn't need the pikachu—" Lizzie stepped aside as Joel used another one of the tokens they had bought on the same claw machine, "You almost got it though! If I just..." Maybe it was the bad angle or the claw was broken, but Joel couldn't seem to even get close to the same plushie Lizzie had touched.

"We can try other games..." As Joel used another token, this time actually securing onto the pikachu plushie. "See? Here, Lizzie." The male grinned up at her as he crouched down to retrieve his prize from the dropbox. "Thanks..." She smiled back, cute café boy enjoyed more than just iced americano.