Chapter 19:

Hunter Cha Hae In was officially introduced to the Ahjin guild after terminating her contract with the Hunters guild. Among other news, an S-rank portal appeared in Shinjuku, Japan. According to information received in the last few minutes, Japan plans to hire Yuri Orlov, an expert

"S-rank portals have appeared more frequently," Rimuru muttered after turning off the TV. "A big event must be approaching"

He finished writing some documents and put them inside a briefcase, he was going to send them to the president of the hunters' association.

He walked to the door and just as he was about to open it, Song Yi entered, wanting to talk with her Master.

Rimuru had free time so he listened to what Song Yi wanted to tell him.
She told him what she saw during the time she was asleep after the Jeju Island raid; The green hill, the black-haired girl, and how her sword was repaired.

I asked her name and she said her name was

"Shizue Izawa, right?" Rimuru interrupted with a small smile on her face. Song Yi nodded. "She's still just as kind."

"Do you know this woman?" Because she helped me?” Song Yi asked.

"Shizue lived centuries ago, her life was difficult and she suffered a lot from a very young age," Rimuru said remembering the black-haired girl. "Despite that, she always smiled and faced the world. She carried a horrible curse with her, and yet she resisted it to help people without asking for anything in return from her. She was a good girl"

"I understand, Shizue was someone with a big heart. But how did I get help from her, didn't she die long ago?"

"When Shizue's time came, her soul was sent into a dream where she would be happy for the rest of eternity. But a small part of her soul remained in her katana "

"Does that mean the katana you gave me belonged to Shizue?" Song Yi looked at the weapon in her hands.

"Exactly, most likely she liked you and that's why she helped you"

"I see, and what does the hill mean where I saw it?"

"In that place, she had a talk with someone very important to her, perhaps that is why she rests there"

At that moment the office phone rang. It was Woo Jin Chul, so he put the phone on speaker.

"Boss Jin Chul, it's rare for you to call us"

"It's something serious, the hunter Sung Jin Woo entered a double dungeon"

"Tell me the place, we will go there"

Rimuru canceled the portal raids for that day and had all the guild members gather to help Sung Jin Woo.

Inside the double dungeon:

Several minutes passed since Sung entered the double dungeon. He fought the statues relentlessly using only his stats (Strength, Intelligence, Agility, etc) and his daggers.

Skills were locked as was the shop, potions, etc. The creator prevented him from using the system.

So with his own strength, he faced the statues that made him tremble in fear in the past.

For Sung it was not very difficult to deal with the common statues, he was defeating them one by one. But when the largest one stood up by order of the creator, her body froze for a second.

"It's time to praise God," said the creator smiling in a gloomy way.

The lightning that the giant statue launched was a problem, several times he was about to be hit by them, and on some occasions, he was covered by smaller statues as he was not able to dodge.

As soon as he had the chance, he created a blind spot and climbed onto the statue's shoulder. His daggers couldn't completely cut through his enemy, so using brute force he punched the cracks in her face to pieces.

"You exceeded my expectations." The creator applauded Sung.

"Who are you really? What is the system?” Sung asked.

"Make no mistake, the test is not over yet." He smiled. I am the ultimate test

A 10-minute counter appeared in front of Sung along with a warning; Defeat the enemy within the allowed time, if you fail you will die.

Outside the gate:

After sensing the incredible amount of energy being released from the portal, Woo Jin Chul contacted the Ahjin Guild for help.

On Rimuru's orders the Ahjin members left the dungeons they were clearing to go to the double dungeon.

Cha Hae, Kanae, Jin Ho, and Park Hee were the first to arrive, they were relatively close. Unlike Rimuru and Song Yi, the guild building was a bit far from the venue, so they were the last to arrive by a few minutes difference.

"Boss Jin Chul, I don't think it's wise for you to enter this dungeon," Rimuru said looking seriously at Jin Chul.

"Despite not being S rank, these hunters are from our elite, we will go as support." He didn't plan to back down.

"As you wish, it was just a warning" He answered and walked straight to the portal. "Let's go for Sung Jin Woo"

End of Chapter 19