Chapter 17:

A grand funeral was held for all the hunters who died in the raid, which numbered around 50. The most "important" death so to speak was that of S-rank healer Min Byung Gyu.

People praised Sung Jin Woo for his great fight as he practically single-handedly cleared the dungeon.

But there was a small number who criticized him, especially for not having gone from the beginning and thus avoiding deaths.

After the funeral, Sung Jin Woo was contacted and held a meeting with men from the American Federation of Hunters.

He was offered to increase his strength in exchange for being a United States hunter. It was a great deal even if it only increased by 30% strength since a hunter can't increase his power beyond his range.

<It's a lower version of Rimuru's power> Sung Jin Woo thought.

He was introduced to Norma Selner, the person capable of making hunters exceed their limits.

He would receive a raise as a "gift", the Americans believed that once he saw the results he would sign without thinking.

But when Norma Selner looked into it, she was horrified. Sung Jin Woo was pure darkness, and he had no limits.

Korea, Seoul:

In the ward of the best hospital in Korea, Rimuru Tempest was slowly recovering from his injuries. Ever since he came out of the dungeon he had been sleeping without interruption, until now.

He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was Song Yi sleeping on a chair next to his bed. he was so calm that he decided not to disturb her.

>>Ciel, how long was I gone?<<

<<About a week, you will need another two to fully recover>>

>>I see, did something important happen in my absence?<<

<<Not much, just a red portal that Sung Jin Woo took care of>>

>>Sung Jin Woo, I still have to invite him to the guild. Right, the guild was created?<<

>>Yes, Park Hee Jin and Yoo Jin Ho were in charge of presenting the papers. It only remains to put the name and decide who will be the Guild Master and vice Master<<

<<I will try to convince Sung Jin Woo to be the master, I already assigned the position of vice master to Song Yi>>

>>By the way master, this girl was here from the moment she recovered from her injuries on Jeju Island.<<

<<I'm like a father to her, she must have been very sad because of me>> He brushed the hair away from Song Yi's face. <<Thank you>>

The hours passed and the sun began to peek over the horizon. As soon as Song Yi woke up and saw her Master awake, she hugged him and started crying.

She was afraid that the only person who believed in her and helped her would not open his eyes again.

It took Rimuru a long while to calm the girl down to have a good chat with her.

"Anything else I should know?"

"The association plans to hold a commemoration for you for taking care of the S-rank portal"

"I have no interest in that," Rimuru replied looking out the window. "Can you call Jin Ho to come to get us? I want to go to the guild office"

"Yes, I'm going to ask for discharge."

A few minutes later Rimuru walked out of the hospital and felt the pleasant breeze of the morning wind. The silence was interrupted by Kanae who arrived in her Koenigsegg Gemera, she called too much attention.

"Good morning," she greeted and made the car door swing up. "Come in"

"I thought Jin Ho would come," Rimuru said sitting in the passenger seat and Song Yi in the back seat.

"I was in the office when Song Yi called and I decided to come to pick you up" she started the car and started to speed up "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, I just need some time to recover."

"That's good, when will we start clearing dungeons as a guild?"

"I  still need to confirm who will be the guild master and what name we will have"

"I thought you would be the guild master, I agreed to join for you and I don't intend to take orders from another person," Kanae said.

"Okay, anyway I would have the same level of command as the Master"

Between talks they arrived at the guild building, it was 3 stories high and it wasn't very big since there would be few people working there.

"Rimuru!" Park Hee Jin received Rimuru with a warm hug. "I'm glad you're fine"

"I'm glad to see you well too."

"Let's go inside, Jin Ho and Sung are waiting"

Park Hee led him to the office on the second floor, there were Jin Ho, Sung Jin Woo, and Sung Jin Woo's younger sister, Sung Jin Ah.

"Good morning everyone," Rimuru greeted. "I'm glad to see you well after the raid"

"The reason why we are here alive is thanks to brother Sung," Jin Ho said pointing to his friend. "And he wants to join the guild"

"Perfect, now that we are all together we can discuss how we are going to manage ourselves"

Sung Jin Woo wanted to join the guild but operate on his own, clear dungeons by himself, and have no restrictions.

Rimuru didn't care because he knew that was Sung Jin woo wanted and needed to keep growing, so as he planned, he offered him the position of the guild master.

"Do you want me to be the Guild Master?"

"That's right, but we'll both have the same authority. This way you can do what you want without anyone bothering you and I can work without attracting attention"

Kanae pretended to cough so Rimuru wouldn't forget what they talked about on the way.

"By the way, Kanae will only be under my command, so she won't follow your orders" Clarified by Rimuru.

Sung Jin Woo didn't think much about it, he served both of them and he didn't need Kanae at all. There was no reason to refuse.

"Sounds like a good deal to me, I'll be the guild master," Sung agreed.

“Now only the name is missing,” Song Yi said.

"How about solo play?" Sung proposed.

"Let's take some time to decide on the name" Rimuru suggested and everyone agreed, definitely that would not be the name of the guild.

End of Chapter 17