3/7/06: "Maisie's Murder Solved?"

1:34 PM, March 3rd, 2006

An Excerpt From The Waverly Watch Newspaper

Written by Nancy Cleer

Early this morning, at 8:24 AM, 17-year-old Patrick Forrest was arrested for the murder of Maisie Wittam following his discharge from Warren & Worandy Mental Hospital only 24 minutes prior. The arresting officers stated sufficient evidence had been found to incriminate Patrick Forrest's be he is currently being held at the Cambering County Jail. It is not likely he will be given bail.

When asked for the reasoning behind Patrick Forrest's discharge, Head Nurse Penelope Suthing stated the following: "While we recognize Patrick Forrest to be an aggressive and mentally unstable individual, our recent lack of staffing and loss of state funding has forced us to downsize our operation. Patrick's mother had still not paid for his stay in full, so he was discharged."

When asked whether or not they were aware Patrick would be arrested shortly after, Suthing's response was simple: "No". She refused to provide any further information on the matter.

As has been previously published by the Watch, Warren & Worandy Mental Hospital has faced many accusations of corruption, malpractice, and fraud. Many of these allegations come from former employees, such as Daniel Haddock, Bettie Carmichael, and Loretta Stowe. The most serious of the accusations leveled against the establishment come from Paulette DeJorin, deceased Warren & Worandy nurse Polly Ratford's ex-girlfriend.

When interviewed, Ms. DeJorin stated: "Yes, I did that [accused Warren & Worandy of destruction of evidence]. Polly's phone wasn't at the scene. They say she had some incriminating shit on it, and she probably got rid of it...bullshit. Polly never did nothing like that, she was a good woman. I know it. They took that phone. Something on it they don't want us to know."