XXV : Currency

Another day, another slay💅

What's up you absolute bad a$$ bitches?

Chapter XXV

Rose Rarieare Ruse

Rose Rarieare Ruse

We were in an elevator, awkward silence surrounding us like a heavy cloak.

Desperation to figure out my situation seeped through my pores but I knew it would be fruitless to ask anything here. None of them would speak until they were sure we were in a safe space.

Once the elevator dinged, Scarlett and Xavier stepped out followed by Gio, dragging me right along like a rag doll.

With his long strides, it was hard for me to keep up and I was stumbling every few steps.

The only thing keeping me from falling over was his strangle hold.

Scarlett had asked Gio to let me go but Gio insisted he needed me close by as 'insurance' for them behaving themselves.

I was genuinely baffled by how willingly they were eating all his lies up and actually cooperating.

Cooper and James rushed forward, opening the doors of a limousine with tinted windows. 

What in the rich people shit-

Gio seated me between him and the gate, strapping my seat belt for me.

A part of me was loving this princess treatment, another part of me was beyond irritated.

"I want some god damn answers." I proclaimed angrily once all of us were settled.

Scarlett's face softened, "I'm sorry for everything Rose. I'll answer everything you want to know but what you need right now, is to rest."

I could see the immense guilt in my sisters eyes. I could tell she was holding herself back from bursting into tears. I was so proud of her for being this strong. I knew she was very close to breaking down.

Everything that had been going on in her life recently must have been so much to take on.

I was also very aware of the fact that the minute her and I would be alone, we'd trauma bound about our time apart.

I absolutely did not want to talk about what I'd been through. I didn't even want to recall it. My brain had shut down that neuron pathway for good. Just thinking about it made me thoroughly uncomfortable.

With that she turned to Gio, "Whatever you need to tell us has nothing to do with my sister. She has a jet waiting for her to be escorted back to our territory. Let her go. Xavier and I have already shown you are good faith by agreeing to lend you our ears."

"Your ears are simply not enough princess." Gio taunted as the car started moving, "And besides, your sister might prove useful."

Xavier locked eyes with me.