XI : Kitten

Hello there. Seeing you after a while huh? It's good to be back.

Without further ado, here's chapter 11! Enjoy :)

Chapter XI

Rose Rorieare Ruse

Rose Rorieare Ruse

I became aware of my aching joints long before my conscious kicked in. Breathing hurt. It almost had a metallic taste to it.

Was this hell?

From what I could last recall, I had been restrained against an iron bed, the cold surface digging into my back.

Much to surprise, I felt like I was on a soft comforter. Was this a dream?

God, I wanted to open my eyes so bad!

But I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried.

The wolfsbane had really done a number on me but I couldn't find a trace of it in my blood any longer.

Had I somehow been saved ?

When I had previously been knocked out in the car, I was brought to what seemed like another hideout for whoever these people were.

I was right in assuming that I wouldn't be able to escape that place all by myself. The security in that area was unaccounted for. Not only was that place loaded with guards, they hadn't taken any chances with me either.

The first thing they did was inject me with wolfsbane.

It had been horrifying. It drained me of any energy, leaving my body limp. The worst part was, despite the wolfsbane, I wasn't numb.

They had even given me shocks occasionally, electrifying my body to the point of passing. They'd stop right before I could see the end.

At the time the only question that ran through my mind was 'Why were they doing this?' They could've easily killed me but they kept me alive through it all.

I don't know how many days I was in there but it had really left my body dry. I don't think I had even been given water.

I felt so dehydrated. I was as dry as a bone.

Everything was so confusing to me currently, even the mere thought of being rescued gave me a major headache.

So many questions ran through my mind, my head throbbing.

Trying to relax, I had almost fallen asleep when my ears picked up on some noise.

Footsteps.

Then, slow as ever, a door creaked open nearby .

I was concentrating on the noise so hard, I almost forgot to breathe normally.

The air felt intense in that moment. Someone was staring at me. I could feel their eyes burning into my soul. It made the hair on my body stand.