XII : Vanish

Another update? That too so soon? Wow, you must've really meant it when you said July updates were coming huh?

YES I DID!!! HAHAHA!

Show some love and of course, sit back and enjoy :)

Chapter XII

Rose Rorieare Ruse

Rose Rorieare Ruse

My first instinct had been to check the drop from the balcony, if it was doable, I'd jump. As a werewolf, I could jump off the fifth floor unscratched. Anything higher was risky but at this point, I was ready to give it a shot.

Pushing the heavy draped curtains out of my way, I shoved opened the balcony door to inspect the outsides of this place.

Rushing to the edge, I was disappointed to see that there was a cliff below. The view was breathtaking, gorgeous lush green mountains with fog for miles. 

Groaning to myself, I tried to get as much idea of this castle as I could from this angle. This seemed like the back of the castle, no guard at attention here for obvious reasons. There really was no need.

My only way out would be to leave from inside the castle.

I had expected the main door to be locked but to my surprise, it was open.

This almost felt too easy. Were they going to randomly jump me? 

Carefully going through the empty hall, I peeped at the bisection ahead.

There was a staircase nearby. Eyeing my surroundings, I stepped forward when I was sure it was safe.

Swiftly descending a floor, I crouched, looking around again.

Listening in careful, I could hear footsteps coming my way.

Staying hidden I waited for the stranger to pass.

Once out of eyesight, I was on my feet again. Just my luck, two guards were marching at the end of this hall. They had not yet spotted me but were close enough to notice me any moment now.

I pushed open the first door I saw, closing it almost immediately.

I rested my head against the door. Phew! That was close.

Once my heart beat was back to normal, I swirled around to examine the room.

A handsome man was seated on a couch, newspaper in hand. He seemed to have stopped what he was doing due to my intrusion. 

The moment my eyes met his golden ones, my heart dropped.

This hunk of a vampire was my fated.

Fucking hell. This was not what I needed right now.

I was too shocked to say anything and we just stayed there, staring at each other.

His jet black hair contrasted his pale skin, making his pink lips stand out even more. His jawline was strong, eyebrows pointed.

God he was attractive. Neither of us said anything, just assessing one another.

Maybe he didn't know why I was here. It was wishful thinking but perhaps, he might help me leave.

"Morning." I greeted awkwardly. Was this even morning for vampires? Lord, I shouldn't have said that.

He smirked. "Hello little one."

His baritone voice was beyond amazing. I had to control the urge to go over to him.

Cutting straight to the point I looked at him hopefully, "Look, I need to get out of here."

"I'm afraid that's not possible." He said as he walked towards me.

 "Either you're helping me or you're in my way." I warned, taking a step back. 

"Then I guess I'm in your way." He whispered, his body merely inches away from mine.

His voice was driving me insane and I was sure if I wasn't in the predicament I am in right now, I would've really enjoyed talking to him.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing at a random picture.

The moment he turned to look, I was dashing.

I knew if he was this close and paying attention to me, the chance of me escaping were thin. But with him so easily distracted, I was able to run.

I had barely made it ten steps when I was pushed up against the wall, his body pressing up against me.

He held my hands above my head in one of his, making me feel helpless.

My body was on fire.

His other hand grabbed my chin, his thumb softly caressing my cheek. 

He tilted my face so that I was looking up at him, "I must say, I never thought seeing someone else in my shirt could make me this hot."

Heat spread across my body, and I was sure my cheeks were turning pink.

"Did you really think you could outrun a vampire?" He asked.  You could practically hear the cockiness in his voice.

"Wanna know a secret?" I whispered seductively.

He bent his head down, his eyes locked on mine.

"I sure can outsmart one." I said, as I head butt him with all my strength.

He let go off my hands, grabbing onto his forehead.

My own was throbbing, but ignoring the pain, I ran. This time I locked the door once I was out.

There was no way in hell I wasn't leaving this time.

I had had enough.

Being twice as careful this time, I ran through corridors as fast as I could.

There was a knife placed on a countertop. Grabbing onto it without any second thought, I made a mad run for the main gate.

It was stupid, to go through the one place where there were enough guards scattered.

"The king has requested all the guards to be present in his throne room." I hurriedly shouted at them from afar.

They turned pale at the notification, all of them rushing to the room.

One of them walked up to me instead. I really didn't want to hurt anyone but I really had no other choice if it came down to it.

"Wolf." He scowled when he was close enough and tried to attack me.

Dodging him, I used the knife in my hand to stab his arm.

I only wanted to slow him down enough to flee, not to seriously injure him.

With that I pushed him onto a couch nearby and dropped a table on him.

Quick on my feet, I took flight. There wasn't a second to waste but to my luck, I was out of that place before I knew it.

There was a road that led towards a city nearby and I followed it, ready to vanish from here.

****

BOOM! They finally meet! 

HOW WAS THAT??!?

As always, of you enjoyed please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE & FANGIRL!!
IT MAKES MY DAY <3

~Xoxo

mysterygurli