✲ chapter fourteen ✲

Charlie's P.O.V.

"You think I'm joking around Aston, but I need to fucking pee!" I say, crossing my legs together as he speeds down the highway.

"Hold it in Charlie, I'm almost at the gas station." I grab his hand and squeeze it tightly, trying my best to hold it in. I forgot to use the bathroom before I left, something they teach us in elementary school, so I'm about to burst a pipe in this car... right now.

Aston's tires screech as he stops the car next to the gas pumps and I instantaneously jump out of his car, running to the gas station. Heading at a full sprint, I bust open the doors, the small bell tied making a loud clanging sound. The employee sitting at the cash register jumps in fright, looking at me with wide eyes. I had my legs pressed together and hunched over and barely manage to say, "Bathroom.. please."

He urgent grabs the bathroom keys-- tied to a yard long stick and passes it over the register. I run out of the gas station, but not before saying, "I'll come back to buy something, I promise!"

As I run out of the gas station I victoriously lift the stick in the air, making sure Aston sees it. He cheers from the car, honking his horn in celebration. With trembling hands, I unlock the door and slam it shut, taking off my pants and relieving myself.

Finally, I can breathe.

Aston had woken me up-- in an interesting way, around four a.m. to complete our final mission. Before I had the sudden urge to pee in the car, Aston was explaining why we need to trash Mr. Francisco's house. It's no secret that Mr. Francisco had a thing against boys like Aston, the carefree type. So on graduation day, Mr. Francisco spoke his mind about Aston and how he'll never succeed at life after the ceremony. Personally, I thought Mr. Francisco was a mediocre teacher, but this completely changes my perspective on him.

Sure, Aston has an 'I-don't-give-a-shit' attitude in school, but he's so capable of succeeding in the real world; he has a bright future ahead of him and Mr. Francisco has no right to judge him. So without hesitation, I complied to the mission, making sure to complete it.

I flush the toilet and zip my pants up, then washing my hands and leaving the bathroom, making sure to not touch the doorknob. I thank the employee and buy two drinks of water, heading back to the car, where Aston just finished filling the tank.

I release a sigh of relief as I sit back down and open the cold water bottle, chugging down about half of it. Aston enters the car and turns on the ignition.

"Ready for the mission?"

I nod my head. "Ready big daddy," I say teasingly.

"... You have to call me big daddy for the rest of your life."

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

We finally got to Mr. Francisco's house-- his address was online, and silently step out of the car, popping Aston's trunk to take out the tools for our mission. After pulling out the toilet paper, trolley jack, shaving cream, and eggs, we place the on the hood of his car and grabbing the tools for our assigned roles.

I was in charge of throwing toilet paper rolls on his giant sycamore trees, whereas Aston's suppose to lift the car off the ground with the trolley jack. I silently open the pack of toilet paper rolls and lift the first piece of paper off, making sure it drags down. I then throw it and watch the tail of the roll flutter in the air and elongate into the tall trees. Roll after roll, I threw them with all my might, making sure to aim correctly and evenly spread out the white lines onto the branches.

After finishing my second pack, I look over to Aston who's still working on the car. He's got the trolley jack under the car, and slowly lifting it, pushing it up with a lever. You can tell he's also putting all his might into lifting the car, his arms flexing as he forcefully pushes the lever down little by little. You can also make out the beads of sweat dripping from his forehead, his neck glistening as well.