Chapter XIX: An Omen

3rd Moon

27th Phase

2018

7:45 pm

As I continued to enjoy myself with the others, I noticed how Mr. Allegro was nowhere to be seen. I considered that he must have left a few minutes ago so I decide to check outside in case he might have gotten some fresh air.

//Heh, the least we need is himself getting into another fight.//

As I came to be on the lobby entrance, it was on south of the building that I was able to find him. He was standing on the curbside part of the bridge, gazing upon the celestial bodies. The brilliant moons illuminated the heavens as the stars danced around on the beautiful night sky. Suddenly, the Director came into view, and greeted me warmly.

"Ah, Ms. Hawkins. What are you doing here? I could've sworn you were inside with the others."

"Oh, Director. I plan to head back. I was just looking for Mr. Allegro. He sneaked away, so I was trying to bring him back."

"I see. Yes, he's wont to do that. He's not much of a partygoer as it is. Don't worry, I'll bring him back. Just enjoy yourselves with the other agents."

"Well okay. Please excuse me."

And with that, I continue where I had left off. Although my curiosity was piqued, I decided to follow orders and enjoy the rest of my night with my friends.

For the Director however, it was a different story. And it is with that I will expose the conversation that they had as soon as left them. Approaching the ace investigator, the Director chuckled in amusement, to Mr. Allegro's curiosity.

Well, you couldn't just stay enjoying the party now, could you?"

"You know how I'm not much of a partyer."

"And yet you were the one who stole Okeanos's idea?"

"Hm, was that supposed to be a joke?"

"Who's too say?"

"Heh."

"It wasn't the party, was it? You got something else on your mind."

His face growing furrowed, he contemplates to find the right words he wishes to express.

"Director."

"Heh, we aren't working right now, Lucio. You can drop the titles, son."

"Apologies. Dad, there's an issue I wish to bring with you regarding today's work.

"You just can't stop talking about work, can you? Well, what is it?"

"When I was speaking with Gushiken earlier, she told me how they were keeping a close eye on Facsimile, the criminal charged."

"Yes, that makes sense, and what about?"

"He was caught dead in his cell two hours ago."

Alarmed at this development, his display shifts completely, now more attentive than ever.

"Dead? How?"

"Gushiken mentioned that they're still investigating. But seeing there were no intruders or traces of anything, it's proving to be hard case to work on. However,"

"However?"

"I do recall that he was working with a certain figure. He mentioned a name, 'The Conductor'."

"Really now?"

"Yes. Considering he just gave away his name, I wouldn't be surprised if he killed him himself. And considering they have proven to be adequate in hiding among the public, he might have just infiltrated and just done the deed, like how that assassin did when she helped Facsimile escape."