Part 10 : Avatar of God

Começar do início

"This year according to all the ratings from our patients, it is 4.8. It's a achievement."

Everyone tiredly clapped.

"And last year it was just 4.5... We could only gain 0.3 ratings... It's not that big achievement.... And still if its 4.8, where is 0.2 ratings lacking... Tell me!"

"Because sir, Doctors take holiday." His secretary said and every doctor rolled their eyes at her. Some even cursed her under her breath.

"Exactly. Doctors take holiday and they can't see their patients on time. And that's why, we are lacking of 0.2 ratings."

"But Mr. Park, we accept we take holidays but we rarely take holidays... We even come on our holidays if there is some big emergency and also---"

"Please don't give me excuses.. Dr. Han, Please sit down."

"Recently, Our one of the great Surgeon in our hospital, Ms.- oh sorry Mrs. Kim Y/n..."
My eyes shot open and I looked at Mr. Park.

"Has asked for holiday of 7 days next week... She said that she will manage her all work within this week... Dr. Kim, Will you please stand and tell us the reason, that why you want holiday?"
He was really angry after seeing the analysis of rating by patients.

Nevertheless I stood up but didn't said anything.

"Why Mrs. Kim?"

"Sir because she is going for honeymoon next week, to Maldives."
I glared at his secretary. I wish I could be her death.

"I didn't asked you, Ms. Park. Please shut up."
He scolded his secretary. And his secretary looked down.

"It is just a month she got married. And every company provide their employees a holiday package for honeymoon." It was Jisoo.

"Sure, then after honeymoon, she will get pregnant and then one year holiday, because every company provides their female employees a 1 year holiday for their safe pregnancy period... no. Ms. Kim Jisoo? Then keep on taking holidays."

"Surely I will take holiday of One year, if I get pregnant." I found myself being bold.

"Then, it's an obvious that patient will not give us 5 star rating." he said after leaving a scoff.

"No human can be perfect and in same way no hospitals or company can be perfect. We all are humans and we aren't made for work... Rather work is made for human... So that we can do it for living... And if only earning and not spending the money in holidays like vacation with family, adventure trips with friends or even honeymoon with husband, then what's the use of earning the money we really earn..."

Mr. Park sat on his chair and waited for me to continue seeing that what I am saying is right.

"We doctors are called as avatar of God, not only because we save their life but also because we are always there whenever they need us... Whether we are spending time with children or husband or parents. We come to hospital even if it is 3 AM of the morning... We even come to work during festivals.

We don't demand for holidays on every festivals and neither we demand for weekly holidays, we are always here for patients. Sir... Now in times like if doctors themselves are in a situation where they can't operate their patients... Then patient will give doctors bad rating...

Its human nature sir... If they aren't being served they will surely give bad rating, they won't see in what situation we were, or even if we are on vacation, they weren't here to see we worked continuously for them without holidays for don't know how many years."