Part 16

Before we start, i need to say a few things.

1. my parents took away all my technology to "improve my mental health" but i used my negotiating powers to make them allow me to get at least 2 hours of screentime. this means that updates will be coming but not daily as they were

2. the support on my books recently has been crazy and i want to thank you all so fucking much. i wish i could hug each and every one of you <3

Without further ado, chapter 16 of Acolyte!

~Addy's POV~

I wake up to Sofia banging pots next to my ear.

"I'd like to not be deaf" I groan, grabbing my phone.

No new messages.

"We're doing secret santa. Get downstairs. Ash is here."

I groan and get changed into something somewhat presentable. I trudge down the stairs and sit on the couch where everyone else was.

"Alright. In this hat there is our 4 names. If you get your own name, choose again. There is a 200 dollar budget. You have until tomorrow morning to get your presents and wrap them. You can get presents for other people." Rory explains, holding a baseball cap.

"Me first" Sofia grabs the hat and unfolds the piece of paper. She smiles and puts it in her pocket.

"Me next!" Ash smiles, grabbing a piece of paper. They unfold it and groan, putting it in her pocket.

"I'll go" I raise my hand. I shuffle my hand between the two papers and grab one. I unfold it and smile.

Ash.

I put it in my pocket and watch as Rory unfolds her paper and puts it away.

"Let's go" Sofia jumps up and gets her boots on.

We all get ready and go our separate ways. I stop at the mall and go into build a bear. I build a pink frog and look at what I have left. 180 dollars.

I look around and stop at Hot Topic. I grab a few graphic t-shirts, some earrings and a hello kitty plush. I find some cool shot glasses for Sofia and a Winnie the Pooh mini backpack for Rory.

100 dollars.

I take a final stop at Target and grab a few things. I get their favorite candy (snickers), an amazon gift card, a big squishmallow and a basket to put it all in.

I check out and go a bit over the budget. I run home and lock myself in my room. That took 5 hours yet I was the first one home.

I take everything out and arrange it in the basket. I hide it in the closet and go back on the couch.

"I'M THE FIRST ONE HOME LETS FUCKING-" Sofia bursts in the door and once she sees me, she frowns.

"I hate you" she grumbles, storming up to her room with her presents in hand.

Rory arrives soon after and runs up to her room, Ash soon following.

Sofia sits down next to me and goes on her phone. The other two eventually sit down with us.

"I'm hungry" Ash sighs, pulling out her phone.

"What are you doing" I ask, peering over their shoulder.

"Ordering food. Put your order in" she hands me the phone and I pass it around to everyone.

I look at my phone once more. No new messages. He's probably just busy.

About half an hour later, the food arrives. We sit around the table and argue on whether Die Hard is a Christmas movie or not.

"It literally is" Sofia says.

"Agreed" Ash chimes in.

"No it's not!" I say, aggravated.

"I've never seen it" Rory smiles.

We all turn to her.

"After dinner we are so watching it" Sofia chuckles.