Part 8

~Alex's POV~

I step out of the dorm and smile. My smile immediately dropped when I saw Rory and Sophia staring at me.

"Hi?"

"Hello" Sophia says, looking me up and down.

"Did I do something wrong?" I lean up against the wall.

"No. She's just overly protective" Rory smiles as Sophia types something on her phone.

"Can I leave...?" I ask

"Go ahead" she smiles and Sophia glares at me.

I walk down the long hallway and go back to my car. I drive back to my house and lay down on my bed.

I grab my phone and check the time. I have three hours until I have to leave. I laid there, trying to think about what happened last night.

All I remember is Addy calling me crying, me driving to her dorm, and us falling asleep. I never asked why she was crying, I assumed it was something personal. I probably shouldn't ask her tonight. I checked my phone again.

Two hours and fifty eight minutes until I had to pick her up. I laid there for two more minutes before I heard my phone buzz. I picked it up.

                           Addy :)

Don't feel like going out tonight.
Can I just come over and we can
watch a movie or some shit.

I smiled at the text.

Yeah ofc. I'll send my address.

I sent my address and tidied up a bit. At least now I have something to do. I ran out to the store real quick and grab some popcorn, sodas and sweet-tarts, since that was Addy's favorite candy.

When I got back home, I had twenty minutes until she'd arrive. I decided to change into something relatively comfortable but presentable.

I don't know why I cared since I showed up to her dorm in pajamas yesterday, but I did.

I sat down on the couch and waited.

10 minutes.

9 minutes.

8 minutes.

7 minutes.

6 minutes.

5 minutes.

4 minutes.

3 minutes.

2 minutes.

1 minute.

I got nervous as I waited.

I heard a knock on my door.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi" she smiled brightly.

"Hello" I smiled back, trying to fight the nervous butterflies in my stomach.

"Uh come on in" I moved and she walked in, her eyes immediately darted to the kitchen counter.

"You got me sweet-tarts?" her eyes twinkled.

"Uh yeah" I grabbed the popcorn bag and put it in the microwave, starting it.

"What are we watching?" I ask, staring at the popcorn in the microwave

"Can we watch Titanic" she popped a candy in her mouth and grabbed a sprite

"Yeah sure. That's a good movie"

I hated that movie.

She smiled and continued to eat her candy as I put the popcorn in a bowl.

We sat down on the couch and I started the movie. She grabbed the blanket from the side of the couch and wrapped it over us both, shuffling into the couch more.

"Jack's hot" she said as he was introduced.

"What an odd thing to say on a date" I laughed and put some popcorn in my mouth.

"Sorry" she smiled sheepishly

"No need to apologize. You're not wrong"

There was silence.

"You do that a lot" I say after a while

"Do what?"

"Apologize"

"Yeah sorry"

"See you did it again"

She chuckled and sat closer to me. I felt my face heat up.

The movie went on for a few more hours and she was crying. I hadn't been paying attention so I looked at the tv and after a few minutes, I was also crying.

"Holy shit are you crying" she wiped her tears.

"No fuck you" I looked away and wiped my tears.

She laughed and put her head on my shoulder. My face started to heat up and the butterflies in my stomach erupted.

(i cringed writing this 😭😭)

We finished the movie and I was wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Addy?"

Silence.

"Hello?"

More silence.

I look over to her. She was asleep.

I smiled and pulled the blanket over her and closed my eyes.

"Goodnight Addy" I smile again