New Directions

you might want to have some tissues ready...

"What are you guys doing?" asked Juniper as she walked into the choir room and saw Rachel, Sam, and Artie packing things away.

"Mr. Schue wanted us to pack away the trophies before Sue came in and had the Cheerios do it," said Rachel.

Juniper put a hand over her mouth as tears filled her eyes. It was really happening. It really was over.

"No, don't get upset," the older brunette cooed as she pulled Juniper into a hug.

"I am upset," Juniper sniffled. "I'm not ready to lose everything yet."

"It's gonna be okay," said Rachel, gently rubbing the smaller girl's back.

"You guys might want to sit down for this," said Blaine as he and Kurt rushed into the choir room. "I have huge news."

"I prefer lying on the floor in the fetal position crying," Juniper mumbled as she and Rachel pulled out of the hug. The older girl kept an arm around the younger brunette's shoulders and Juniper rested her head on Rachel's.

"You guys got married and adopted Russian twin babies!" Sam exclaimed. "Yes!"

"Um, no," said Kurt, furrowing his brows at the blonde boy.

"I got into NYADA!" Blaine exclaimed.

"Oh my god!" Juniper exclaimed, her sadness going away as she rushed to give him a hug.

"I'm so proud of you!"

"Congratulations!"

"I knew you could do it!"

"Wait, you guys," said Juniper. "You know what this means? All of us are going to New York together!"

Everyone cheered and hugged. Maybe graduating wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's an opportunity for something new. Something better.

****

"My life is literally over," Tina sighed as she came into the choir room.

"What's wrong, Tina?" asked Blaine.

"Nothing," said the brunette. "Just the fact that I'm gonna spend the rest of my life in Lima because I'm not Jewish enough."

"What the hell are you talking about?" asked Juniper as she sat down next to her friend.

"I didn't get into Mitzvah, so I'm the only one who's not going to New York."

"You don't need a college acceptance letter to do that," said Sam. "Juniper doesn't have a college acceptance letter to NYADA like Blaine and she's still going."

"I can't just go there without some kind of plan," said Tina.

"Kurt did," Juniper shrugged. "And he's doing pretty great."

"It's an adventure," said Blaine.

"Not for me," said Tina. "You don't understand. Without some kind of direction I feel like a giant, free-floating loser."

"Yeah, like me," said Sam.

"And me," Juniper smiled.

"And me," said Artie, catching on.

"And me, too," said Blaine, walking over and taking a seat at the piano.

Tina looked at Juniper with a confused look. Juniper smiled a knowing smile at her friend as the music started.