Prom-A-Saurus

"Kurt and Blaine and I are throwing an anti-prom party," said Rachel.

"What's an anti-prom party?" asked Mercedes.

"It's a party for those of us who maybe feel a little, you know, disenfranchised by the actual prom. I got us a hotel room at Lima's best hotel, the Red Rooster Express Suite, and everyone's invited."

"You're supporting this?" Quinn asked Finn.

"I'm supporting her," replied the quarterback. "And I'll be there as soon as I'm done fulfilling my obligations."

"The mood will be celebratory, the food will be catered, the libations will be plentiful, and the dress code will be creative black tie," explained Kurt.

"Optional," said Rachel. "And keeping up with the anti-prom theme, everyone is welcome. And unlike the actual prom, which ends at 11 pm, ours goes into the wee hours of the night. It's where the fun's at, you guys."

"How is everyone welcome when this is clearly just a party for for you and the two gay Winkelvii twins?" asked Santana.

"Actually, Santana, we've invited most of McKinley's underclassmen."

"I'm in," said Puck.

"What about your tradition of trying to spike Coach Sylvester's punch bowl?" Artie asked. "I almost lost my teeth for it last time."

"It's impossible. Plus it's a bummer always failing at everything," said Puck as he stood up to leave the room.

"Can we just talk about what this really is?" asked Santana. "Rachel Berry isn't getting her way so she's punishing the rest of us."

"Santana, that's not the case at all," said Rachel.

"Stop acting like you're fine and start dealing with your crap. Look, you choked at your big audition. I get it. I'm sorry, but it happens. And I understand that you're pissed off at the universe, but imploding on one of the last nights that we have to spend together because basically you're just not in the mood to dance is maybe the pettiest thing you have ever done. So have fun at your 'I'm a victim' party acting like you're not some selfish, self-centered, lame-ass wannabe diva from hell. Because me, I'm gonna go to my senior prom with my girlfriend and my friends."

Santana left the room and Rachel turned to Juniper.

"Are you gonna let her talk to me like that?" asked the older brunette, putting her hand on her hip.

"No offense, but Santana kinda has a point," said Juniper. "I'm sorry that you're so selfish that you'd throw an anti-prom for yourself because you're mad at everyone else. Just don't put me or anyone else in the middle of it."

And with that, the younger girl got up and left the choir room. She felt a little guilty about what she had said to Rachel – especially since she had always been so nice to her – but someone had to say it.

****

****

Juniper was busy dancing with Santana when she noticed Finn, Rachel, Kurt, and... some dude with really curly hair come into the gym.

"Blaine?" asked Santana. "Juni, that's Blaine."

"Jesus Christ," said the younger girl. "What did he do to his hair?"

"He's not wearing hair gel."

"He looks ridiculous," chuckled Juniper as she used her phone to take a picture. "I'm totally gonna use this as blackmail later."

Santana smiled at her girlfriend and pulled her back in to continue dancing as a slow song came on. Juniper rested her head on the Latina's shoulder and sighed contently. Never in a million years did she imagine dancing with Santana at prom.

"I'm really gonna miss you next year," the brunette mumbled.

"Let's not worry about that now, Juni," said Santana, holding the younger girl closer to her. "Let's just enjoy the moment."

****

A little while later, it was time to announce prom king and queen.

"And now, this year's prom court..." said Principal Figgins.

"That's me," said Santana, giving Juniper a quick kiss on the check before heading over to the stage.

"Nominees for the prom king are... Finn Hudson, Rick 'The Stick' Nelson, and President Brittany S. Pierce."

"Yeah, Britt!" cheered Juniper and the blonde smiled at her from her spot on stage.

"The nominees for prom queen," continued Principal Figgins. "Missy Gunderson, Santana Lopez."

"Yeah Santana!" screamed Juniper, clapping as hard as she could. The Latina smiled at the younger girl and gave her a wink.

"And Miss Quinn Fabray."

Juniper clapped for Quinn along with the others.

"I would like to invite last year's queen, sassy male student, Kurt Hummel, to crown this year's winners."

Kurt made his way up to the stage.

"And this year's prom king is..." said Principal Figgins. "Mr. Finn Hudson."

Juniper cheered as Kurt crowned Finn.

"And the winner for prom queen is... students, for the second year in a row, we have prom anarchy. Receiving the majority of write-in votes, I would like to welcome onto the stage... Miss Rachel Berry."

There was silence for a moment. A spotlight shined on Rachel. She was just as confused as everyone else. Juniper started clapping and everyone else did too. Rachel went up to the stage and Kurt placed a crown on her head.

"McKinley Titans," said Principal Figgins. "Bow down to your new leaders!"

Everyone clapped and cheered.

"And now, the first dance of this year's senior prom king and queen!"