Dynamic Duets

Juniper and Brittany were messing around in their superhero costumes while they waited for Finn to start Glee rehearsal.

"You're no match for me, Human Brain," the brunette said as she pretended to kick Brittany in the stomach.

"We'll see about that, Short Stack," replied the blonde, picking the younger girl up and attacking her face with kisses.

"Britt, stop," Juniper giggled as she wrapped her legs around Brittany's waist and her arms around her shoulders.

"I win," Brittany whispered as she pecked Juniper's lips.

"Okay, guys, sit down," said Finn as he came into the room. "We got a lot of work to do today

Brittany carried Juniper over to the risers, allowing the younger girl to sit on her lap as she took a seat.

"Okay, so, the first order of business today is to welcome the newest members to the Glee Club," said Finn. "Ryder and Kitty."

"Wait," said Tina. "Don't we all get to vote on her or something?"

"We're under the gun," said the older boy. "We have to go to sectionals next week and we need 12 members to compete."

"Well, then, just call Santana back from Kentucky again cause apparently she's better than anyone who's actually enrolled here."

Juniper bit her lip and buried her face in Brittany's neck. The blonde held her closer and comfortingly rubbed her back, knowing that any mention of Santana was still hard for the younger girl.

"Look, Tina, not now," Finn said gently when he noticed Juniper's reaction. "Uh, look, where was I? Sectionals! Yes. Here's the game plan."

Finn walked over to the board and grabbed a marker, but when he tried to write on the whiteboard no ink came out.

"Where does Mr. Schue keep the other markers?" asked Finn as he began looking around the room. "Screw it. Uh... the theme is 'Foreigner.' We're gonna sing songs by Foreigner in foreign languages, wearing all the costumes of the world's nations."

Juniper furrowed her brows and exchanged a look with Brittany.

"Wait, seriously, that's your idea?" asked Artie.

"Yeah," Finn smiled.

"Kiki, what do you think?" Brittany asked her phone.

"I think I'm alive, and you're the machine," the phone replied.

"Finn, times have changed," said Blaine. "We're national champions now, which means we have to exceed all expectations. So, if that's your best idea, I don't think we stand a chance." He got up to leave.

"Wait, where are you going?" asked Finn.

"I'm going to get our trophy back from the Warblers. The one you haven't even noticed was missing."

Finn's eyes wided and he looked over to the trophy case.

"Crap," he said when he realized the trophy was gone.

****

Juniper was hanging out with Finn discussing the plan for sectionals when Blaine walked in.

"Hey," he greeted. "You got a minute?"

"Yeah," said Finn.

"Dude, I was just gonna text you," said Juniper. "How's Operation Rescue Recovery going?"

"Well, when I went back to Dalton, all those blazers and singing with the Warblers again-"

"Wait what?" asked Finn. "You sang with the Warblers?"