"Oh, like you eat!"

"You're late," said an annoyed Mr. Schue as Mercedes walked into the auditorium.

"I know, I overslept," said Mercedes.

"It's 4:30 in the afternoon," said Quinn, furrowing her brows.

"My alarm clock went off 30 minutes late this morning. Kinda shifted my whole schedule. Anyway, what's Santana doing here?"

"I've resworn my allegiance to the Glee Club... without telling Coach Sue," said the Latina.

"Mercedes, I'll catch you up," said Mike.

Brad began playing the beat on the piano again as Mike went through the choreo with Mercedes. Suddenly, she ran over to the trash can and gripped onto the sides.

"Mercedes, you okay?" asked Mr. Schue.

"My stomach hurts. I think I'm gonna be sick," whimpered Mercedes.

"Why are you babying her?" scoffed Santana. "I mean she can't do three steps without puking cause she ate a Quiznos before she showed up in this joint."

"Mr. Schue, you have us scheduled to the second right now. With school, Glee Club, and Booty Camp, when else am I supposed to eat?"

"When the rest of us do," said Santana.

"Oh, like you eat!" snapped Mercedes.

That caught Juniper's attention. She wasn't the only one who noticed it. The brunette looked over at Santana. The Latina's smirk had faded and her gaze shifted to her feet. It all made sense now: her dress looking too big at nationals, the way she barely ate anything at lunch anymore. Just the other day they were at Breadstix – which used to be Santana's favorite – and she barely ate a thing. Just half of a breadstick and a few bites of salad.

Juniper exchanged a look with Quinn, who seemed to catch onto the problem they had on their hands.

****

Juniper sat in silence on the car ride home from school. All she could think about was Santana. How long has this been going on? Why did it take her this long to realize? When did this start? How did it start? Why did it start?

"Stop the car!" Juniper gasped.

Finn slammed on the brakes and the younger girl unbuckled and got out of the car, rushing over to the bushes – where a french bulldog was sniffing the ground. As Juniper approached it, the dog looked up at her and smiled, wagging its tail as it came up to her.

"Hey, little guy," cooed Juniper as she held her hand out for the frenchie to sniff.

"Is that a dog?" asked Kurt, walking up next to the younger girl.

"Where's his owner?" asked Finn.

"I don't think he has one," said Juniper. "He doesn't have a collar. Finny, can we keep him? Please?"

"I don't know, I mean dogs are a lot of work."

"I'll take care of him. I promise I will. I'll even pay for his food and toys and whatever else he might need. Please?" begged Juniper, looking up at the quarterback with puppy dog eyes.

"How can you say no to that face?" asked Kurt with a small smile.

"Please?"

"Fine," sighed Finn, giving in.

"Really? Oh my god, you're the best!" exclaimed Juniper, throwing her arms around Finn and hugging him tightly before picking up the dog, who somehow sensed that he was getting a home. "What do you say, Bear?" asked the brunette. The dog smiled at the name and licked Juniper's hand.

"I think he likes that," said Kurt.

"I think so too," said Juniper, smiling from ear-to-ear as the three got back in the car.

****

Juniper and Santana sat on the brunette's bed working on homework, Bear cuddled up between the two with his head resting on Juniper's leg.

"Did you eat today?" asked Juniper, looking over at the Latina next to her who nodded in response. "Tana don't lie," the brunette said gently, brushing a strand of raven hair out of her face.

"I- I'm not lying," said Santana.

"San... I saw the look on your face when Mercedes said that thing to you the other day. I'm trying to help you." Juniper reached over into one of the drawers of her bedside table. She pulled out a granola bar and handed it to Santana. "You need to eat. If not for you, then for me. Please."

Santana sighed and put her pencil down. She reached for the granola bar and opened up the package, breaking off a small piece and hesitantly placing it in her mouth.

The door to the bedroom opened and Carole came in. She furrowed her brows when she saw the french bulldog laying in Juniper's lap.

"Sweetie... is that a dog?" asked Carole.

"Bear," nodded Juniper. "I found him. I'm gonna take care of him. I'm keeping him. I'll pay for all the expenses."

"Juni, that's fine," said Carole with a smile. "He looks so happy, so what kind of a person would I be if I were to make you put him back out on the streets?"

"A crappy one," mumbled Santana as she took another bite of the granola bar.