Chapter 20 Sleep.

Once the Crux was seen near the harbor people started to crowd the area to wait to see you arrive. When the ship was docked you got off and smiled at the people as they waved and shouted greets to you, welcoming you happy.

"Hello everyone. Sorry I taken so long" you said as Zhongli went to stand next to you alert. The crowd parted as the soldiers came through. Behind them was Ningguang and Ganyu

"Welcome back your holiness" Ningguang said bowing as the rest followed suit.

"It's good to be back. How was everything? I hope the war didn't do much damage." You said.

"Actually your grace." Ganyu spoke up "we didn't suffer a single causality." She told you "someone took down the entire army just at the outskirts of Liyue.

"Really?" You said surprised. You were just learning of this as you heard Zhongli give a low chuckle. You looked at him. "..was it you?" You asked lowly as he nodded looking proud.

"Of course my Grace. How could I let Liyue be on harm's way?" He said low as he hugged you close with a smile. The crowd started whispering among themselves at the scene. They were surprised the consultant of a funeral parlor had such power. "Those all paid the price of betraying you" Zhongli said before he looked at the crowd and spoke with a stern voice. "Everyone! My grace is yet to decide a place to take residency. The jade chamber is not suitable for her grace permanent residence. A new residence will be built. One worthy of her grace." He said.

"If that the case I'll pre-" Ningguang started to speak but Zhongli stopped her.

"I shall oversee the preparations." He said tone firm.

"Zhongli be easy on them." You said as you pat his head making him calm down. "Good job on defending Liyue." You looked at him as he nodded giving you a approving look.

"I believe you don't hold such authority here." Ningguang replied. "I have experience and knowledge on this matter. I'm certain I can build a grand chamber for her grace"

"I don't believe I asked if you were capable. I said I shall oversee the preparations." Zhongli said looking annoyed. It was always his job to do everything for you. He knew your likings and wants best.

"Zhongli. Settle. I know you will do everything well." You told him happy as he nodded and gave a bow.

"I shall not disappoint my grace" he replied.

"Wait your grace I'm certain I-" Ningguang spoke but you stopped her.

"It's ok Ningguang. You done enough with watching over Liyue and preparing for war. You should take a step back. Have a well deserved rest." You told her happy and gave Zhongli a look. "I have full trust in my favorite that he will do a perfect job." Zhongli smiled happy. "I'll be looking forward to it. Rex Lapis."

"Rex.. Lapis..??" Ganyu said shocked. She knew he was still alive but wouldn't expect Zhongli to be him. Ningguang was surprised as well but she kept her calm composure. "Your really..." She looked very happy.

"Praise her Holiness! She brought back our Archon Rex Lapis!" A citizen yelled happy as the others cheered.

"... Indeed you did warn me of his existence your grace.." Ningguang said. "I was rather confused at first. But after the whole attack I put two and two together. I had suspicion our Archon was still alive. But I wouldn't have guess it would've been him. "

"No need to think more on it." You said. "As such I put him back in his spot as Archon of Liyue." The crowd cheered as you looked at Zhongli. "If you want a break you let me know. No big show this time ok?"

"Of course my Grace" Zhongli said amused as was he hugged you happy.

"Um. Xiao fainted." Paimon said as you and Zhongli quickly turned to see Xiao limp with Aether holding him up.