𝟐𝟏

At long last, the pair arrived at the park

At long last, the pair arrived at the park. Because it is Saturday, there is a fair amount of foot traffic in the area.

The two proceed to walk in the pedestrian lane despite the fact that it is cramped.

They walk into the grassy area where kids are playing tag and soccer.

Some people are sitting on picnic blankets with baskets of food, while the two of them are there with hardly anything.

So, what exactly are we doing here,
Soohyeon asks Jake. It sounded as though she was both puzzled and impatient at the same time.

Jake gives her a reassuring glance and then gives his response,
We might need to wait here for a bit, I want you to see something later.

He removes his coat and lays it down on the ground across from him.

Soohyeon is expecting that he will take a seat on it, but instead, he chooses to take a seat next to it, leaving the jacket vacant.

Let's sit down for a bit, should we?.
While glancing up at her, he pats the jacket beside him.

In reminiscence of a scene from a romantic film she had watched, Soohyeon felt a faint flush rise to her cheeks.

Soohyeon. Helloo?
The sight of Jake's wave brought her back to earth. Without wasting any more time, She slumps to the floor and gulps.

As she takes in their surroundings, she took comfort in the happy smiles of the people she sees entertaining themselves at the park with their loved ones.

The loud background noise enters her ears; The murmurs of the kids, chirping of the birds, laughs of the adults, and—

So Soohyeon,-and Jake Sim.

You talked about knowing me at school, where was it again that you met me? He asked, looking down at me.

Hm. You played for the school's soccer team and I saw you at the finals. I think the school invited every student since the match was set in a stadium.