⓪④ ⓪⓪⓪

✆ ☏ 11:17 p.m

✆ ☏ 11:17 p.m

So go ahead, and tell me anything, I'll just listen.❞ 

While responding, Soohyeon props her chin on her palm.

Okay great. So, first off. Hi, My name is Jake, I just turned twenty. I have a golden retriever, her name is Layla-.❞ 

He pauses for a moment to rest his weary lungs.

Astounded by his expressive attitude, Soohyeon shakes her head.

She is rather taken aback by his character, and she assumes that he must be the kind of guy who is popular both in schools and in the public at large.

Are you still listening...?❞ 

Soohyeon flinches in her seat as he poses the question. Apparently, she is behaving in a way that is completely opposite to what he said.

Mhm, Yes❞ 

All of his statements are met with scepticism, but she simply goes along with them.

Okay, so now that I told you everything, do you mind introducing yourself?❞ 

He ponders with a hint of eagerness in his voice as he'll finally get to think if he knows her or not.

At first reluctant, but afterwards she shrugs it off.

Thinking,- After all, he has no intention of continuing to contact me in the future, right?

I'm Soohyeon, As what you hear right now, I'm a 911 hotline caller. I'm nineteen years old. I ... that's all 

She stops, at a loss for words, unsure of how to continue describing herself.

For some reason, she can't find the words to fully describe herself. Contemplating the fact that she appears to be a typical, boring, average person.

Jake on the other hand squints his eyes, thinking ever so hard whether he met a person with her name.

But he still couldn't remember anything, he felt challenged like he's stuck on this one math question.

Do you play.. maybe like sports? Cuz I used to play soccer. It was fun. I hope I can play again...❞ 

And with that, he shatters the silence and prevents Soohyeon's negative thoughts from flooding her mind.

Uh-Well, yeah but I don't play it these days. I used to play Badminton for school tournaments. And, Yeah it was fun.❞ 

Soohyeon replies, slowly reminiscing about her junior high days, smiling.

Even Jake is grinning as he thinks back on the good times he had while playing soccer with his mates.

But then,

An abrupt memory prompts him to snicker, and he quickly covers his lips to hide his mischief.

Guess what, I used to be a big fan of this soccer player... his name is.... Diez, I think? Do you know him? He's really popular." 

Diez?? Who's that?  She asks, soon realizing that she just stepped on a landmine.

Diez nuts

❝Diez nuts❞