⓪③ ⓪⓪⓪

✆ ☏ 11:15 p.m

✆ ☏ 11:15 p.m

Soohyeon heaves out a sigh of irritation, unable to believe she was just caught lacking off on that ridiculous man.

Gosh. Damn it, why even bother calling 911, just to tell me some shit❞ She rants hysterically while huffing and leaning back on her pivoting seat.

With the remainder of the soup in her cup, she slurps up the last of the noodles and finishes her dinner.

There,

All of a sudden, The phone abruptly begins to ring,

 Again.

Hello? 911 is calling, What can I help?❞ With a line that has been used a million times before, she starts.

I'm sorry━❞ By sheer chance, the same guy whose voice was heard before is now being transmitted through the speaker.

Sir, I'm hanging up.❞ Once more, she goes to hang up, but this time, the man quickly pauses her.

Please don't, I'm all alone. 

It's my birthday, too. I can't get in touch with anyone because I left all of my devices in my school bag, which I also left at school.  He offers a hasty explanation.

That's not his exact reason, though. He wanted to find her voice again because she sounded so familiar... but he doesn't know where he heard her from.

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till tomorrow because they're currently closed.❞ 

And, I also just realized it now, since I was too distracted with the celebration earlier.

Finally, His ramblings come to an end.

On the other line, Soohyeon's eyebrows furrow in suspicion of the man.

Then how did you manage to call me?What are you using?❞ Her voice curls in question, and doubt lingers in her tone.

My grandma's telephone, the spinning wheel one❞ He confirms.

There was a long pause, and then she began thinking intently ● ● ●

●  ●  ●  Then, Soohyeon lets out a sigh, deciding to let the man slide for the time being.

In fact, This also benefits her as she won't have to worry about getting called out of the department for any urgent matters during her last few minutes of work.

And besides, she's thinking of leaving this job tomorrow anyways. So, why not have a normal conversation for her last call?

In her mind, getting fired doesn't sound so scary anymore.

Fine, but I'll have to go at 12.❞ She replies with a huff at the end.

Okay, that's all I need, I'll also sleep at 12 then.

❞