𝟐𝟎

Jake gives a casual shrug and looks at her while keeping his innocent demeanour

It happened to be my bus too. 

Before Soohyeon can respond, she shoots his eyes a suspicious look and then proceeds,
Really... 

In spite of this, she does not believe him as she sees him acting in a playful manner.

He crosses his arm and leans his back on the seat. He looks at her now with his curved-up lips.
Well, not really.

He positions himself by crossing his arms and leaning his back on the seat.
Now that she had his attention, he glances at her with his lips pursed together.

Remember our call when I said If we could meet at the park? He questioned, whilst leaning his head on the backrest of the bus's seat.

Soohyeon's recall of their conversation begins to kick in, and she realises that she has the answer to his question. 

However, she is aware of the things that he will ask after that, which causes her to ponder whether she should answer yes or no.

In the end, she settles on a decision, which is obviously to stay clear of any and all interactions for as much as she can.

No. I do not remember.
She bluntly responds to Jake, causing him to sit straight in his seat and put on a disbelieving face. 

Okay, so I was goi—

Wait.  You've got to be kidding right? Jake keeps his look of bafflement throughout the conversation.

I asked you that three times already. He is able to recall the number of times he had asked her the same question.

She makes a deliberate attempt to show Jake as if she has no idea what's going on. 

Her brows furrowed, she pursed her lips, and her eyes were fixed on the ceiling of the bus, as she crossed her arms.

After a brief pause, she gives a headshake in the form of a response. 

When she finally turns her head to look at Jake, though, he is already grinning from ear to ear and is about to bust out laughing.

Even if I just met you, I already know you are bad at acting.
He gives a snort of amusement and shakes his head, reclining back in his seat.

On the other side, Soohyeon faces embarrassment for a second time. It's almost as if she's been cursed; if she lies, people will look at her as if she's made of glass.

I'm just kidding. I won't tease you anymore. I swear.
Jake said as Soohyeon turned her head to him, having just heard him chuckle.

Unless— Jake pauses and looks at her straight into her eyes. —You'll actually come to the park with me.

A stern look spreading over Soohyeon's face tells him that she is neither interested nor willing to go. Jake takes a long look at her, and then he leans in his seat.

He is aware that she declined his invitation to accompany him. 

To be fair, he has no choice. 

He is aware of her introverted attitude. He is aware that she is not a simple lock that can be opened with his presence alone. 

Soohyeon has noticed his slouched demeanour.

There's a twinge of guilt that she's always turned down his offer. 

Remembering their phone talk, she is confronted with her own perception.

She realizes that she had been utterly ignorant of his kind remarks, causing her ego to cripple.

Sooheyon casts her gaze in Jake's direction once more. Just by gazing at his countenance, she is instantly reminded of a mournful retriever.

Without more hesitation, she gives her response, bringing a smile back to Jake's face.

Out of guilt, she says,

Fine, I'll go.