𝟏𝟔

Her heart pumps at a hundred beats per second and continues to beat faster as they walk in her direction. They begin to take up space in the vacant booth behind hers.

The realisation that he doesn't recognise her causes her to sigh in a bid to unwind.Fortunately, he has not seen her face just yet.

However, since her voice is instantly recognisable, she basically only needs to take extra caution whenever she begins to speak.

She feels her hands sweating profusely and gets impatient with her friend as she just wants to get out of the restaurant as soon as possible without being confronted to Jake.

The boys' laughter reverberates in her ears from behind her.

She is able to pick up on what they are saying owing to the fact that their voices are so loud and they are close enough for her to overhear them.

Jake. Come on, who's the girl you messaged?❞ 

Asked a bright voice.

Yeah, Jake, You're into online dates nowadays?? No way.❞

Questioned another young man.

Laughter from Jake is heard as he confesses, 

When I dialled 911, she answered. I'm sure you recall after my birthday celebration, right? When I left my bag with my devices in it?❞

From the "Deiz" through the question and answer sessions, he takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to them.

When Jake tells his story, the other guys laugh, and Soohyeon can't help but laugh along with them, despite her efforts trying not to.

So hyung, what's her name?❞

Her name is Soohyeon. Do you guys know her by any chance?❞

 Do you guys know her by any chance?❞