⓪② ⓪⓪⓪

✆ ☏ 11:09 p.m

✆ ☏ 11:09 p.m

Care to tell me, Sir?❞ She tries hard to let out a warm voice to comfort the man.

Yeah.. well, I have a problem... it's just that...❞ He is having trouble expressing it, and it is completely reasonable for Soohyeon to wait for him.

It's alright, Sir. What is it?❞ With an affectionate tone, she asks him once more.

I... I'm currently holding a knife, and having second thoughts...❞ His tone is subdued.

With her eyes widening, Soohyeon is clearly ready to inform the authority. But his next sentence prevents her from making the call.

Sir, whatever you are thinking, please don't stab anyone. Put the knife down, please.❞ She assuringly says, fingers almost touching the emergency call when he suddenly says,

I'm all alone... though

His tone of speech deepens in sadness once more.

Silence fills the line.

Soohyeon subconsciously yells at herself, ❝ I didn't sign up as a suicide hotline caller,❞ but she decides to do anything she can to prevent the man from taking his own life.

S... Sir. Please drop the knife, and put it somewhere far from you. Please don't end your life. You are uhh.❞ She has trouble coming up with encouraging words to say to him.

Soohyeon frantically types, '10 POSITIVE QUOTES FOR SUICIDAL PEOPLE,' into the search bar.

A keyboard's rattling can be heard along the line. And at last, It's about time that she comes upon a good quote.

P.. Put your hand on your heart, can you feel it?? That is called purpos Wait no fu you're holding a knife,
Damn it.❞  While reading back the following line, she frantically bit her lower lip.

You... You are important. Your feelings matter. Your story matters. Your life matters. So please, don't waste your life... 

...Sir

Soohyeon eventually lets it out, surprisingly though, she came up with that last sentence all on her own. 

At the very least, she would like him to see a reason to stop his intentions to himself.

Instead, Soohyeon hears uncontrollable laughter on the other end of the line and starts to question herself.

Thank you for the great speech. Nice effort too. Well. The thing is, I was having second thoughts if I should cut this wellmade cake or not. It looks So Tasty, Yet so perfectly moulded that I—

━━━━━━━━━━━━Call ended