Caught in the Act!

Violet

For three days straight, everything seemed well.

Eric followed my three rules and so did I his one rule. I came home at 3pm each day and not a minute after. Today I decided to come home an hour earlier. Last night Eric got takeout from a local pasta restaurant and tonight I planned to cook.

My mind debated between roast chicken or make it a taco evening? Eric could break the tie. For once I was excited coming home to him. With a bottle of red wine in hand, I got from the grocery store on my way home; I walked to my front door and opened.

I entered my clean and tidy apartment. Eric did good — I smiled internally. But he wasn't anywhere to be seen, which was odd. He usually lounged on the couch and greeted me excitedly when I came through these doors. But no 'hello Harper', or 'goody you're here'. I weirdly missed it.

I dropped my work bag and moved towards the kitchen, but stopped midway.

I sniffed the air.

But shook my head and walked slowly on into the kitchen. But it was there... an unfamiliar scent stuck in my nose.

I stopped and sniffed again, and my eyes grew.

Uh huh! Perfume!

Unless Eric is wearing DKNY for women, that scent was NOT mine! I was more vanilla Miss Dior, this... this was fruity, and it stung my darn nose.

A woman?!

Eric had a woman here. In my apartment. He asked once if he could bring a date, but I didn't think he would actually do it! I placed the bottle of wine with a thud on the kitchen counter and frowned, pursing my lips in annoyance.

"He probably is out with his date that he met up here... In my apartment!" I huffed and shook my head, rambling to my bedroom. It looks like I'll make that chicken for one tonight. I inched nearer to my bedroom door that was closed as usual. But I stopped once more in my tracks. Something stirred beyond those doors. I crept closer and placed my ear by the door.

A shrill giggle escaped through, and my head jerked back. A female's giggle!!!

OH, HELL NO! Eric wouldn't dare. My hand clasped the door handle, and I busted through like a bull in a cowboy ring.

OH, YES — he freaking would! My jaw dropped and my eyes went livid. I caught my boss in the act and on my freaking bed! I wanted to cry. Well, it wasn't fully 'the act'. But it was enough!!!

Eric stopped kissing the hot brunette. Her blouse slid over her shoulder, exposing her bra. Her short skirt riding up, teasing her lacey underwear. Eric's buttons were undone on his own shirt. Both of them still fully clothed. But for how long, huh?! In the next five minutes they would've been hot and heavy... and on my bed!!!

"Harper?" Eric said, stunned, as he stared at me, bewildered. "I thought you're coming only at 3pm?"

His eyes grew at the sight of me, and concern flooded them. But I couldn't stand the scene any longer. Eric stumbled from on top the confused brunette.

"How could you?" I yelled and moved out the door, slamming the door shut.

"Harper, wait!" I heard Eric call from behind.

I stomped to the living room. I didn't know what to do — I was outraged! Livid! Disappointed. Everything was going well, then he had to mess it all up.

"Urgh!" I grumbled. "Freaking men!"

I plumped on the couch, holding my head in my hands. Five seconds later, Eric marched to the front door, still buttoning up his damn shirt, and escorted the brunette out of the apartment. He murmured something to her, which I didn't give a hoot about. She pursed her lips and frowned, still fixing her silky hair. Eric closed the door and turned slowly to me. I crossed my arms over my chest and grimaced with my mouth pulled into a tight line.

"Harper —"

I bolted up. "Oooooh... Eric." I seethed. "How could you do it?!" I yelled. "And on my bed. I don't even do it on my bed!" I paced up and down the living room floor, not looking at him. I just couldn't!

Eric sighed. "I'm sorry, Harper." He raked his fingers through his disheveled hair. "She's an old friend. She called and wanted to come check-up on me. I agreed, and she came up here. One thing led to another... and I guess I needed more action than I realized and there was only one bed."

I glared at him vehemently! My breathing coming in hard that my chest rose and fell. Eric creased his brows and sucked in a breath. He could probably see the smoke trickle from my ears. Figuratively, of course.

"We weren't doing anything beyond a little kissing, that's all."

A little kissing! He says. I thought mockingly. "Only because I cock-blocked you!" I shouted with my arms flaring up.

"Take it easy, Harper."

"Take it easy!" I seethed, and Eric tilted his head with an amused expression.

"You look cute when you're angry, you know." He smirked.

I blinked hard three times. The nerve! No, THE AUDACITY!!! I couldn't find the words to say. Yes, he was the boss, but there are certain boundaries you respect! I marched up to Eric and shoved him in the chest to get out of my way. "Leave me alone!" I blurted and marched to my bedroom that was violated, tainted, and spoiled!

The bedding was crumpled and made abruptly neat by Eric, no doubt! Urgh! As if I'll be sleeping on that now. I stomped to my bed and pulled the sheets off angrily. My hands yanked the blankets, including the pillowcases, and I marched towards the kitchen. Eric watched my every move and rubbed his forehead.

"Harper, what are you doing?" he breathed out as he observed me carry the desecrated bedding in my arms, with my nose stuck in the air and pursed lips.

I stood in front of the washing machine and stuffed each sheet in aggressively. Yes, I was overdramatic, but my dear boss needed to learn how angry I was.

Eric stifled a chuckle and stopped when he saw me glower. "Oh, fuck me." He breathed out and rubbed the back of his neck in awkwardness.

Good!

I switched on the washing machine to full blast on quick wash after adding a sugar load of detergent!

I moved swiftly past a dumbfounded Eric, determined not to speak to him for the rest of the day! He can make his own damn dinner tonight!