He then led her down the hall to two other rooms that were sparsely decorated, and another smaller bathroom. At the end of the hall was a simple door leading to the back of the house and a small porch that stepped down into a garden similar to the one at the palace. "It's beautiful, Liam! Thank you, my love" Rayne wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "Is it bad luck to break in the bed before the wedding?" she said coyly as she nipped at his earlobe.

Liam let out a small moan. He took a deep breath, running his hands along her waist, pulling her closer. "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but we shouldn't."

Rayne ran her hands across his chest and kissed along his neck, "Are you certain," she purred. "I'll even let you tie me up to the bed." He groaned and shivered.

"By the gods woman, are you trying to torture me," He felt her press against him. He took another breath and pulled away. Rayne whimpered. "No. I know we haven't abided by many rules, but this one I will honor. I will not lie with you again until we are husband and wife." He grinned at her pouting expression. "Ástvinur, it's one day, we will survive."

"Does that mean you won't be sharing our bed tonight at all?" Rayne asked, reaching for his hand.

He squeezed her hand, "Afraid so, darling. I'll be with Odin loosely following a few traditions of my own kin." he laughed. Rayne raised her eyebrows. "No women involved my love, just a bit of mischief." He laughed again and kissed her forehead. "Besides, you have your own preparations to make for the ceremony and the ritual if I'm not mistaken.

"Fair enough," she sighed. Rayne looked back into the house. She still couldn't believe he had done all of this for her. Looking back at him, "So how long do I get with you today?"

"Not long. Odin should be here any time, and I've also been instructed to see Maab before I set off with him." He lifted her hands to his mouth, brushing his lips across her knuckles. "Shall we go back?"

She shook her head, "No, I think I will go to the lake for a bit and visit with Lily. You go ahead and see Maab." She slipped her arms around his waist. "I love you" She laid her head against his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. "Go enjoy your boy's night and come back to me safe."

He bent his head to kiss her, "Ástvinur, when I see you next, you will become my wife and we will have an eternity to love one another." He squeezed her hands again as he stepped off the porch, "Tell Lily I said hello." Then he disappeared in a swirl of green.

Rayne walked back through the house. She paused in one of the extra rooms, leaned against the wall, and closed her eyes. A small tug of sadness passed over her. "Do not give up, precious one." Rayne opened her eyes when she heard the voice, and saw the shadow of her grandmother standing before her. "I know your concerns, and I beg you to have patience."

"I'm just afraid. I know why he made the extra rooms, but what if..." she couldn't bear to finish her thought.

Rebecca stepped towards her, "After all you have been through, you should know better than to assume anything. What is meant to be will come to pass no matter how much you worry." She smiled at Rayne, "Do not let this dampen your day. Go, enjoy your afternoon. I will see you tomorrow." She said then vanished. Rayne sighed as she left the house to find Lily at the lake.

She found Lily sitting on the rock waiting for her. "You were expecting me, weren't you?" Rayne laughed softly.

"Of course, beautiful one," Lily smiled at her. "Come swim with me," she said as she dove into the water. Rayne let her dress fall to the ground and freed her hair from the braid. She quickly dove into the water, swimming after Lily. She didn't even have to think about it, her body naturally becoming one with the water. She felt her worries slip away as the water ran through her. She may have connected to all the elements, but this was the one she felt most connected to. It was as if the water replenished her soul and washed away all her fears. She and Lilly swam for a while until they came to rest near the waterfall.

LiamOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara