25

Àyànfé

"Woah...this is fucking amazing..." I looked around Kay's home in wonder. I know my family's home is great, but this, is spectacular. The living room spread across a large expanse, and the high ceilings held firmly the most beautiful chandeliers I've ever seen. The interior of this home is royalty, I must admit.

"Thank you babe. You know...it hasn't really felt like home ever since Rosenah left and my mom got sick" He sighed, pulling me into his arms. I stared into his brown pools, and saw that it was full of untold battles he had fought. Stories of war I might never get to know.

"So you live here all alone?" I asked him.

"No, the domestic staffs are still here. I've been wanting to let go of all of them because anybody's hardly here, but my mom insists on letting them keep their jobs. Selfless woman" He shook his head at the memory of his mother.

"You are such a strong man, Kay" I expressed sincerely, wrapping my arms around his neck. I could see in his eyes my words meant a lot to him.

"Thanks Miss A" He stared into my eyes.

I cleared my throat and looked around once again. "Show me around Kay! Your room especially. This house is big as hell!"

"Aight, come on" Kanaan grabbed my hand and gave me a quick tour of the mansion– and by "quick", I meant one hour.

"I'm tired Kanaan!" I groaned as he tried to lead me into the garden.

"But you asked for the tour, didn't you?" He laughed at me.

"Yes, but now I'm done" I folded my arms stubbornly.

"Sure y—" A young girl donning an apron, interrupted Kanaan. She had a cute chubby face and couldn't be older than nineteen.

"Excuse me Master Kanaan" She said shyly with her sweet voice. I could tell she had a major crush on Kanaan.

It's cute though...

"I've told you a thousand and one times Wande, stop calling me Master. You never listen" Kanaan shook his head playfully. Wande giggled shyly.

"I'm sorry Mas–" He shot her a look.

"—I meant Kanaan" She said carefully.

"So what's happening?" He asked her.

"Umm... your sister's here" Wande announced, and I looked at Kay to see his reaction. He froze up.

"Rosenah?" Kay asked–like he had another sister elsewhere–and Wande shook her head in confirmation.

"Well, that's good for her" He shrugged, like he couldn't be bothered.

"Well she wants to see you..." Wande finished. I could tell Kay definitely wasn't planning on dealing with her today.

"Kay you just gotta see her. You don't know what she's here for" I said gently to him, and he looked at me in consideration. I gave him an encouraging shrug.

"Fine..." He resigned. "Where's she at?"

"She's waiting for you in the living room" Wande replied, before walking off to continue her chores I assumed.

"I should go check out the garden" I pointed towards the glass partition in front of us.

"Come with me Ayanfe" Kanaan asked me, and his voice sounded so broken I couldn't refuse.

"Sure Kay" I let him take my hand in his and pull me into the living room, where his sister sat cross-legged on the sofa.

So this is the Rosenah. She's really pretty.