16

Àyànfé

I woke up to the insanely loud ringing of my phone. It was Kanaan calling.

Not my stomach doing cartwheels again...

"Hello?" I said as soon as I picked the call.

"Good morning love" His sexy groggy morning voice called back. I could feel my other set of lips twitching.

Not today satan!

"Sorry I forgot to text you that I'd gotten home yesterday. I was really tired" I apologized.

"Nah it's calm. I guess we're both at fault" He chuckled softly. I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"So you slept well?"

"Like a baby" I sighed with a smile.

"That's good to know. I've got a couple of errands to run today, so I'll talk to you later yeah?" He said lowly.

"I thought I was gonna see you today" I whined like a spoilt brat.

"I'm not so sure anymore. If not today, then most def tommorow" He replied.

"Aight. Talk to you later" I sighed. I was really looking forward to seeing him later today.

"Are you mad at me Ayanfe?"

Don't call my name like that! I'm supposed to be mad at you!

"No I'm not" I shrugged like he could see me.

"I know when you're lying, but it's calm" He said.

"But I said I'm not offended na" I raised my voice a little.

"But it's not even that dee– you know what? we'll talk later" Then he ended the call, without even giving me a chance to talk. I was so furious I screamed into my pillow.

See how attached I'm getting to this boy. Damnit.

I huffed and got out of bed heading straight to my bathroom to do my hygiene. I brushed my teeth and washed my face with my CeraVe face wash. I decided to take a shower after breakfast. I went down the stairs and into the kitchen to see my brother cooking up a breakfast of pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausages. Dior was sitting atop the kitchen counter, scrolling through her phone.

"Wagwan" I greeted with a sigh before moving towards the water dispenser with a cup in hand.

"Morninggg" Dior replied cheerfully in a sing-song voice, not once looking up from her phone.

"Good morning baby" Tokunbo greeted turning away from the cooker to study my face.

"Well can I have my face back?! Geez" I snapped with slight attitude, squeezing lime juice into warm water.

"Attitude much? Who pissed in ya cereal?" He retorted, turning back to stir the scrambled eggs in the pan. I just hissed loudly.

"Bro don't be doing that" Tokunbo said with slight irritation in his voice. I could tell I was starting to piss him off.

"Doing what abeg?"

"Don't be bringing that negative ass energy around here. It's Sunday morning, have some respect for Jesus" He said. I rolled my eyes like I couldn't be bothered, as I sipped on my warm water and lime combo. Dior was totally out of the world, smiling down at her phone like she had won a lotto.

Audrey and Monifa walked into the kitchen just as Tokunbo started dishing the food.

"Aye pancakes!" Monifa squealed like a toddler, going to snatch a plate from Tokunbo.