21

Àyànfé

"Ughh! Why isn't TK talking to me?!" I groaned, throwing my head back. "It's been days. Even Daddy isn't doing this much"

"Have you tried talking to him?" Audrey asked me. I rolled my eyes at her.

Obviously.

"Obviously I have. He just smoothly ignores me. I hate him!"

"Well, I don't know what to say" She shrugged, going back to watching Keeping up with the Kardashians on the TV.

Mtchew, she's of no help.

Just then, I sighted TK coming down the stairs, his MacBook balanced riskily in one hand, the other typing away furiously. I jumped out of the sofa, like I mistakenly sat on hot yams.

"Tokunbo! Please na!" I pleaded, grabbing his arm.

Wrong move, A, wrong move...

The laptop lost balance, and hit the floor badly. Everything went still for a moment.

Oh Jesus! What the hell did I do?!

"What...the...fuck?" Dior mouthed slowly, with her face contorted like she was about to bust into a fit of laughter. And she did.

"Oh my fucking goodness!" She said between laughs. "Look what you did Ayanfe!"

"Well done Captain Obvious" I hissed at her. I didn't even notice her coming behind my brother.

Tokunbo glared at me with the intensity of an angry Lion.

He sighed deeply. "Just pray to whatever god you serve that this shit isn't broken, tori ma kpa e!" [Because I'll kill you!]

"TK I swear I'm sorry" I begged furiously, as I watched him slowly pick up the device. He scanned it with an expressionless face for a minute.

God abeg.

Wordlessly, he turned back towards the stairs and went his way. I let out a huge breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"God saved your ass there cuz" Audrey chuckled. I turned to look at Dior who was smiling naughtily at me.

"I hate both of you" I stomped off.

———————————————————————————

Knock knock knock

No answer.

Knock knock knock

Still no answer. I thought he was asleep, until the door opened abruptly.

"Tee...umm...I..." I stammered nervously. It has never been this awkward with my brother.

"What do you want?" Tokunbo asked plainly, like he'd rather be anywhere else than here, standing with me.

"I just wanted to apologise for...." I trailed off, not knowing how to word my offence.

"For what? Do you know that you're legit wasting my time?" He sighed, leaning against the doorway.

"Well can I come in?" I asked hopefully.

"No. Say whatever the fuck you want to say or get out" Tokunbo replied harshly. I stared at him in mild shock. My brother has never been this mean to me.

That just ticked me off.

What's so bad about Kanaan anyway?

"What is wrong with you TK?! Is it more than this? Why are you acting like Kanaan is a demon or something? Yes we were messing around, but grow the fuck up! He even wanted to talk to you about us. It's was never this serious" I angrily said. His whole demeanor towards me these past few days has been just off. It wasn't even like Kanaan and I were caught having sex, so whatever was the big deal?

"And besides, you never told me not to mess with him" I shrugged. Tokunbo shook his head at me.

"Can you hear how silly you sound right now? Kanaan isn't the ideal person for you! That nigga is a fuck boy, you are just a naive little girl to him. I know him more than you do, he'll break your heart in seconds!" He semi-yelled, looking into my eyes as if daring me to challenge him.

I shook my head in denial. "Kanaan likes me and I like him too. The feeling's mutual, so I don't know what you're talking about"

"See this mumu child" He sighed, like he was tired of dealing with a baby like me. "I don't know how many times I'll have to tell you this, but that nigga na fuck boy. I'm sorry I didn't warn you about Kanaan, but I didn't even think something was gonna happen between y'all"

I looked away and huffed. "Then you should be more upset at him, not me"

"Trust me, I gave him a piece of my mind the other day. Fuck he think he's doing messing with my baby sister?" Tokunbo scoffed.

"I'm not your baby sister" I rolled my eyes.

"Tah. You'll always be my baby sister" He replied. Tokunbo's overprotectiveness would be the end of me.

"So we're cool bah?" I asked, just to be sure.

You could never be too sure.

"Of course na. And I'm sorry for being mean to you" Tokunbo apologized. That melted my heart—Tokunbo never apologizes.

"And I'm sorry for everything with Kanaan" I semi–sincerely said. A part of me still wanted to continue messing with Kanaan.

You be goat. You no dey hear word.

"Hmm" He eyed me, like he couldn't believe what I just said. "I'll make sure I do everything in my power to keep him away from you"

I looked into my brother's eyes and saw the determination in them.

Fuck, I'm screwed.

            ***
Author's note

Wus good my loves? 😙😙😙 I know I know, I've been gone for a long ass minute, but I promise I'll make it up to you. I hope you still love this book (and me?).

This chapter is extra short, but I'll most probably be updating in a day or so sha. No pressure.

Don't forget to VOTE ⭐, COMMENT and SHARE. Abeg o. I love you and never ever question your worth 💞.

Toodles!