Chapter 15: Bonds and Trusts

At the ruins, 3 trainers and their Pokémon were facing a rampaging Pokémon, this however wasn't an ordinary Pokémon, but one that belongs to Ash Ketchum.

Ash: Gabite! It's me Ash! Don't you recognise me!

Those words fell on deaf ears Lucario fired his own Dragon Pulse against Gabite's. Both attacks hit but Lucario was slightly pushed back by the recoil.

Ash: Lucario! Are you okay!

Lucario grunted before facing Gabite again. This time the rest of his Pokémon on hand stood by his side, both Ralts were going to joined them as well but Lucario reach his out, telling them not to get involved.

A. Cynthia: Seems like he's getting warmed up now.

Gabite charged forward at them while his claws grew longer. Totodile and Greninja moved out of the way while Lucario stood his ground, trying to slow Gabite down.

Both Pokémon clash as Lucario was pushed back while blocking Gabite. Gabite knowing that both were equal in strength decided to use a different approach. Flames can be seen coming out it's mouth.

Ash: Lucario! Quick get away from there!

Lucario couldn't escape the attack completely and he was engulfed in flames. Greninja appeared beside Gabite and slashed him with Cut to divert it's attention.

Gabite winced by the attack change his target and aimed at Greninja, who jumped out of the way and countered Flamethrower with Water Shuriken.

As the attacks collide, Greninja took this moment to retrieve Lucario away from Gabite as he was badly wounded by the burn.

Ash: Lucario! Are you alright?

"Rah-" Lucario grunted, trying to stand back up but stumbled.

A.Cynthia: Garchomp, Dragon Claw!

Cynthia: Help out with Muddy Water Gastrodon!

Murky water rose from the ground around Gastrodon before it flowed towards Gabite, slowing him and it braced. As the move was finished, Gabite peaked out of its fin to see Garchomp charging towards him with green claws.

Gabite doved down and turned back around, but it wasn't running away. Soon it's tail grew longer as it swung back and forth, building up momentum before it swung around in full circle to knock Garchomp away. With perfect aim, Garchomp was sent towards Gastrodon and both collided against the wall.

As everyone was distracted, Gabite soon dashed towards both Ralts who were no longer protected by Lucario's intervention.

Gabite's jaws glowed white and went to bite one of them. Both Arthur and Jubel braced for the worst but the attack never came. Ash who was always selfless, has his arm in Gabite's mouth. He was wincing from the pain as he could feel something flowing down his arms, when was the last time he saw that red liquid, his memories were blurry about that time with Victini and Reshiram, or was it Zekrom.

Gabite was soon met by Greninja's Aerial Ace and was knocked back a bit before Greninja went on to occupy Gabite by dodging and retaliating.

"Ash! Are you alright!?" The Cynthia he was familiar with came to his side.

Ash: With my left arm like this, I'll probably be 'All-Right' after this.

Ash joked, only for both female Champions to smack him at the back of the head.

A.Cynthia: Do you not care for your own well-being!?

Ash: (Chuckles) If this is the pain of protecting those who I care about, then the pain of losing them will be worse.