101

Bengals vs Chief, why the most talked about match up has nothing to do with the teams

As of last night, it's clear. Quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his Chiefs are in the AFC Championship Game again after their win over the Bills last night. The Chiefs, trailing by 3 points with 13 seconds left in regulation, fight their way into overtime with an incredible run and 48-yard kick by Harrison Butker. There, the Mahomes-Kelce combination struck again and the Chiefs won the divisional game after a touchdown by the tight end.
Their Cincinnati opponents had already punched their ticket to the Championship Game on Saturday. Despite several sacks on Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, the score was 16-16 against the Tennessee Titans just before the end. "Looks like we're going to the AFC Championship Game," Bengals kicker Evan McPherson proclaimed before running onto the field for his 52-yard attempt with just seconds left. He was correct. The ball flew through the uprights and the Bengals won the game with the clock winding down.
Bengals vs Chiefs, a match up that already played out in week 17 in the regular season. The Bengals won that 31-34 and secured the AFC North Championship in the process.
The internet is looking forward to the upcoming game. The clear favorites here are, of course, the Chiefs from Kansas City, although many are also sure that Burrow and his Bengals are not beaten yet either.
However, fans and the entire Internet are looking forward to a reunion, even though it has nothing to do with the game. Bengals athletic trainer Elle Simmons and Patrick Mahomes fiancee Brittany Matthews.
Simmons, who went viral in October with a party video and has since been trying to help women in sports and especially in the NFL with her "the future is female" campaign, drew attention again when a video surfaced after her Bengals' Week 17 game against the Chiefs in which she silenced Mahomes brother Jackson with her hand. While the internet took her side and thanked the athletic trainer for finally putting Jackson Mahomes, who along with Brittany Matthews had already attracted negative attention several times this season, in his place, Jackson complained about how mean Elle Simmons and the internet was towards him.
Just a few hours later, the entire video suddenly surfaced, clearly showing that Elle Simmons wasn't the one being rude.
The Internet demanded a statement from her, in vain. Elle Simmons remained silent on the issue until Brittany posted a screenshot of an Instagram DM of Simmons. While most of the words in the text were blurted, the message led one to believe that Elle acknowledged her rude behavior and apologized for it.
Had the video perhaps given the wrong impression after all, and Jackson and Brittany had been the victims of some undeserved online hate this time?
No, it didn't take long for Elle to post the uncensored version as well as Brittany's response. "Tried to stay nice to get this out of the way quickly, but some people are more fake than you think" she wrote in response. Obvious slap at Brittany.
Also showing the right message, Elle apologized IF her behavior came across as mean, explained that she had been working and therefore didn't have time for Jackson and Brittany, and asked Brittany to sort the whole thing out offline, which she quite obviously ignored.
In her response, Brittany made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with Elle or her campaign, did not want to be associated with her. She claimed that they had done nothing to Elle and accused her of letting the fame go to her head.
Since Elle's exposing of the texts, the two women have gone quiet. However, fans are sure that with the two teams meeting, there will surely be another encounter between the two.
Is the argument going to the second round? We will definitely keep you updated on the news!

Read also:
Bengals last minutes win over the Titans - kicker McPherson carries his team to the next game
13 seconds for Mahomes - how the quarterback saved his team in overtime
Loss to Rams - Tom Brady's Buccaneers fail in the divisional round

Sighing, Elle put her phone on the side. Ever since she had watched the Chiefs' win yesterday with Joe, she had known that Brittany and she would be a topic again, and after seeing a few tweets and articles, Leila had sent her this one.

Her appearance on TV on Celine's morning show had been a lot of fun. While she had been very nervous, after all it was all live, having her best friend sitting across from her put her at ease. It also allowed her to make sure she wasn't asked any questions that would make her uncomfortable.

They had talked about the beginnings of her internet fame and the future is female in addition to her job and her workout, which was, after all, being filmed exclusively.

Afterwards, the divisional game in Nashville against the Titans took place on the weekend, which once again robbed Elle and the whole team of all their nerves. Joe got so many close looks at the turf that Elle was sure she could take him to the hospital and push him out in a wheelchair.

But Joe's knee held up, as did the defense. Jesse Bates caught Tannehill's first pass 7 seconds into the game right away. Logan also caught an interception, giving the offense repeated chances to win the game for themselves. But other than a touchdown by Mixon, only Evan scored with four field goals.

The last one two seconds before the end, which gave the Bengals the win in the and Elle almost a heart attack.

After a Sunday off, it was off to video analysis on Monday before practice would begin tomorrow in preparation for the game in Kansas City. Especially the fact that they would be playing at Arrowhead Stadium, one of if not the loudest stadiums in the NFL, made this week of practice especially different.

"So, do you know what you're going to do on game day? Are you going to confront her or leave her alone?" Joe asked with interest as he picked up Elle's cell phone and read the article. Elle shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know" she muttered.

"I mean, you could show some good humility and try to work it out with her" Joe suggested, pulling Elle into his arms.

Sighing, Elle snuggled up to him. "The last time I tried that, she tried to expose me on the internet" she remarked.

"But if you go to her before the game and with the stadium watching, believe me, the eyes are on you, she can't expose you, can she? I mean, it would be worth a shot, right?" Joe stroked her arm.

"You're right. It would be worth a shot and if we get it out of the way, then it's gone for good and I don't have to deal with it every time we meet the Chiefs for the next few years, again" Elle agreed with him.

"Besides, then you can be happy about us going to the Super Bowl without worrying" Joe winked at her before putting his lips on hers.

Sorry for posting so late, Im watching football all day and it was difficult to write while watching lol

Hope you like it and thanks for the likes, reads and comments

WHO-DEY 🧡