47

Elle was all excited when the doorbell rang at a little after seven. Joe and she had agreed to spend the evening at her apartment, since Elle still couldn't drive and it would be easier if Joe came over.

They had decided to cook together and just see what the evening brought.

Smiling, she opened the door for Joe. "glad you're here" she greeted him and for a brief moment things got a little weird as neither knew exactly how to greet each other and both just looked away a little intimidated before Elle just pulled Joe into a quick hug.

"Come on in. Are you hungry yet?" she asked, stepping aside so Joe could get inside, then closing the door behind him.

Joe just nodded as he slipped out of his jacket and hung it up , before suddenly holding out a rose to Elle. "I brought this for you."

Beaming, Elle took the rose in her hand. "Thank you" quickly she pressed a kiss to Joe's cheek, who grinned when he saw that she had to stand on tiptoe to do so.

"Come into the kitchen with me, then I can put it in a vase and we can start cooking" Elle indicated Joe to follow her as she smiled and turned the rose in her hand and ran into the kitchen.

"I thought we'd make potato chicken casseroles. Tastes good and I still had the stuff at home" Elle explained as she looked for a vase in one of the lower cabinets in the kitchen, which she filled with water and placed the rose in.

"Potato and chicken? Did Erin tell you I cheat on my diet every now and then until now?" Joe asked, grinning, as Elle put the vase with the rose on the coffee table and came back to Joe.

"Erin? Who's Erin?" Elle asked, laughing. "You don't know Erin? She's our nutritionist and organizes the food in the cafeteria and during game days, plus she dictates what we can eat during the season so we perform well. As ATs, shouldn't you theoretically be working with her?"

Elle shrugged. "Don't recall being introduced to her. But maybe Nick, Dan or Paul will, they are our supervisors after all"

"Well, it doesn't matter now. I'm hungry, can we start cooking?" Joe asked and as if on cue, his stomach growled loudly. Elle giggled. "Sure, just one more thing...." she opened a cabinet and pulled out a kitchen apron.

"Here, put these on. It's tradition that the guest in my kitchen has to wear an apron" she grinned and held it out to Joe, who looked at her disturbed. "How did that weird tradition come about?" he asked, confused.

"It came about when I was thinking about how good you would look in a kitchen apron" Elle smirked as Joe gave her a dirty look, then grabbed the apron anyway and pulled it over his head.

"you look like a treat" Elle giggled as Joe tied the apron on and quickly pulled her cell phone out of her pocket.

"You better not take a picture of that" Joe raised his finger in warning, yet laughing. "Too late" grinning, Elle pocketed her phone again. "If this gets out to the public, you'll be in trouble" Joe laughed.

"Don't worry. I won't show anyone, except maybe Nick, Ja'Marr...." Elle grinned provocatively at him. "Ok, that's enough. Give me your phone" smirking Joe approached her but Elle quickly turned away.

Joe wrapped his arms around Elle from behind and tried to take away the cell phone she was holding tightly in her hand. Elle gurgled with laughter as she tried to keep Joe's hands away from her phone.

Eventually Joe did manage it, it wasn't entirely fair either since Elle only had one arm to defend herself after all, and grabbed her phone.

"Don't delete the picture. I just want to keep it as a memory, I swear I won't show it to anyone" Elle pleaded as she ran after Joe who held the phone up so high Elle couldn't even get to it by jumping.

Joe sighed, "Alright. But only if we take another picture together" he looked at Elle who nodded. "Alright, here" he handed her her cell phone.

After snapping a few pictures, they finally got to cooking. It took another eternity, Joe's stomach complaining several more times, until they finally sat at the table and ate together.

Afterwards they cleaned up everything and made themselves comfortable on the couch. Elle lay over Joe, who was lying across the couch, and rested her head against his chest while her legs were between his.

"Tell me about your time with your family" Joe murmured in her ear as he wrapped a strand of Elle's hair around his finger. His other hand was on her stomach, Elle had her free hand on his.

Elle immediately began to beam as she told of the weekend. She told how everyone had asked her about her injury, how it had made them watch Joe and her game, how proud her dad and brothers were and how worried her mom was.

"And then something really stupid happened" she sighed "What?" Joe asked, still playing with Elle's hair. "Well, my brother asked me why I was wearing your jersey and because of that I couldn't help but tell Tammy and Leila about us later"

Joe laughed. "but there's nothing wrong with that" "yes there is, I didn't want to tell my family about it. We said yesterday not to tell so many people and just a few hours later I screwed up" Elle sighed again.

"Elle, you worry way too much about everything. Two people more or less doesn't matter now. So don't worry about it, ok?" Joe pressed a kiss to her hair. Elle just nodded.

"Which honestly, I'm more interested in. Who were Leila and Tammy again, anyway? You said so many names at once I didn't even keep up" Joe added grinning, which made Elle laugh.

She pulled out her phone and opened a picture of the whole family that they had taken at brunch yesterday.

"Well, that's my dad, but you've seen him before, and that's my mum..." she zoomed in on her parents. "That's my oldest brother Eric and he's been with Leila for a good four months now..." she zoomed in on her brother. "And then there's my other brother Easton and his wife Tammy. The two of them are the parents of Ian, my little nephew" 

"Wait, Eric, Easton and Eleanor, your parents seem to really like the letter E, huh?" Joe grinned. Elle laughed. "Seems like it, huh?" she replied laughing.

Thank you so much for 35k reads!!!

Question: what song would you sing if you would have to sing karaoke right now?

My answer: Karma chameleon by culture club! Love the song, good vibe and not that hard to sing lol

Comment your answer and like the chapter!

WHO-DEY🧡