18

That evening, she stood nervously outside her apartment building, wondering if it was really a good idea to come along. As athletic trainer, wouldn't she be imposing on all the players?

Sighing, she tugged at the off-the-shoulder, long-sleeved black top. It was tucked into her light skinny high waist jeans and she had to be careful that her cleavage didn't slide down too far if she leaned forward too much.

Besides, she didn't quite know how well the strapless bra Celine had forced on her when Elle had bought this top would hold up. It fit tightly, very tightly, around her chest, but would it stay there all the time?

At least she wouldn't have to worry about her feet hurting after some time in any high heels, as she had opted for her black Vans Old Skools for comfort

Her hair she wore loose over her shoulder, over which hung her small black shoulder bag, which perfectly matched her necklace with its silver chain. A two-piece made of a smaller pearl necklace and a long silver chain with a circle pendant with a sun stamped on it.

Just as she was considering going back to her apartment, if she wasn't going to stand on the sidewalk, surely Ja'Marr wouldn't make her come along, Joe's black Porsche pulled up in front of her.

Confused, she watched as the window rolled down and Joe grinned at her. "Uber for Simmons?" she laughed, opening the door. "Hey, I thought Ja'Marr was picking me up" she greeted him as she got in and closed the door.

"I didn't say I was driving" startled Elle turned around and spotted Ja'Marr sitting in the back seat grinning at her. "And I didn't think you weren't lying when you said Elle was coming along" Joe replied grinning and threading his way back into traffic.

"I just have great persuasion skills" "and you practically gave me no choice. I couldn't turn you down without having your number." Elle mentioned with a laugh. Ja'Marr shrugged. "It's also a form of persuasion."

"so you're only going because you couldn't cancel on him?" Joe asked, and Elle thought she heard a bit of disappointment in his voice. "I wouldn't put it that way. I was going to think about it, but I don't know, so I didn't really have a reason or a way not to go" Elle shrugged.

"Besides, I was pretty much convinced I was going anyway, when Ja'Marr specifically mentioned that you were going too" she added with a grin, and had to laugh when Joe immediately gave Ja'Marr a nasty look through the rearview mirror, who just raised his hands innocently. "I tried everything" he defended himself.

The bar Joe parked in front of was familiar to Elle. She had been here once or twice before with Celine. It was popular among students because it had a club area in the basement area starting at 10 p.m. that had a reputation for selling alcohol to people under 21.

"There are so many of us that we take up almost the entire back area. So we have a whole room to ourselves" Ja'Marr explained as they crossed the street and walked into the bar.