Chapter 1

As fair warning when she or any deaf character signs I will be attempting to do ASL grammar and not English. An example of English verses and ASL. E: I want to go to the movies. ASL: Movies me want to-go.

Well today was it. Today is the day I will finally meet my mate. I was getting ready to go to my high school, which was an all deaf school. I purely use American Sign Language and that is it. No hearing aids, no lip reading, and mainly NO COCHLEAR IMPLANT. On the outside I look like the average girl because I am. I just can't hear. 

I got dressed wearing black jeans and an Attack On Titan t-shirt with the colossal titan. Anyway I ran down stairs to see my mom had already made breakfast for me, which was pancakes with chocolate chips. I walked over to the table and started eating. As I was eating I saw my mom waving her and in my peripheral vision. I looked up to see what she wanted to say.

"Morning birthday girl," my mom signed and spoke at the same time. I could only tell that she spoke because she moved her lips, but I couldn't understand them. My mom is hearing but my dad is deaf, which I don't mind. I love them just the same. My mom had long black hair always kept in a braid with dark brown eyes. She had her light Caramel and a very skinny figure.

"Morning Mom," I signed to her. "Breakfast delicious. Thank you."

"You welcome. You excited?" my mom asked. I nodded and smiled. I can't wait to meet my mate. I am hoping they go to my school.

"Hurry. You should go-to school soon why to start searching." I quickly ate my last pancake and brushed my teeth and my mess curly black hair. My curls were long and my hair flowed down to my mid back. My eyes were a hazel brown and my skin was lighter than my mom's. I was also a bit curvier than my mom.

Once I was already I waited at the bus stop. My family couldn't afford a two cars, one for mom and my dad, let alone a car for me so I took the bus. I got on when it came and sat down next to Sharon. She is my closet girl friend. She had blond hair and a really tiny figure. She was shorter than me but had way more confidence. Her eyes were a crystal blue and they were beautiful. She was one of the only few werewolves that go to my school. She wore a hearing aide to school and was an amazing lip reader.

"You not wearing dress why?" she asked me.

"My shirt cooler. Dress lame."

"Mate you might meet. You fine with looking...." She was trying to find the right words. But I could tell she didn't want to hurt my feelings. She is a lot more girlie than me but that's ok. We still are very close.

"Me fine. Stop worry."

"Ok." After that we had casual conversation like normal. Once we got to school we went to my locker then hers. I didn't smell anything yet but I was still looking around.

"My mate where?" I asked frustrated.

"May later you see him."

"Maybe. Now me want him."

"You have-to wait. Soon you will meet." That didn't make me feel any better at all. We walked to class and I sensed nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was like this for the entire day and by the end of it I was so upset. I really just wanted to quit and go home. I met up with Sharon and we went to a frozen yogurt place for my birthday. I got a small chocolate cup but I wasn't really hungry. I was just thinking where he could be. Maybe he isn't in the same state or country. I notice Sharon giving a small wave. I snapped out my day dream and looked at her.

"Yogurt melting. You ok?" I looked at my yogurt and it was half way to be like soup. I just pushed it to the side.

"Me not ok. Me disappointed."

"Soon you will meet him. Me promise." As she said that a sweet smell entered my nose and it was very sweet.

"Mate!" My wolf shouted. I turned around and saw him.