“What happened!?” Hunter demanded crossing his arms looking more intimidating than ever, especially with the way Wrecker hovered over him. Crosshair sighed taking a deep breath, 

Recent Events…

Crosshair sat staring out into the darkness of the early hours of the morning, all he intended to do was tell Tech about what had happened to their father. 99. Why did it have to happen to them? 99 still had many years left, yes he had served his time but he was a father to them all including the ‘regs’. A smirk fell on his face as he thought back to when 99 told him the nickname he had for his brothers back in his day which prompted Crosshair to do the same but instead of his ‘brothers’, he just called everyone who wasn’t part of Clone Force 99, ‘regs’. He didn’t care back then, all he cared about was missions. Screw the orders he wasn’t one for them. 

His phone pinged updating him on a nearby Job, it was at the Syndulla Residence without warning he slammed his foot on the gas of his Ducati 848. It was black and Silver, he had worked so hard to earn it, he even did basic maintenance on it with his twin now and then. Even though Hunter despised the bike, his husband enjoyed a ride now and then when he wasn’t in a mood. Crosshair even gave Hunter the chance to drive it now and then. In a rare case, Tech did too but his twin refused to get on the deathtrap or so he called it.

Crosshair was aware of Hunter’s cries of his name after he left the house after arguing with Tech. But, Cross couldn’t just sit around and play happy families, he wasn’t going to say sorry not when all he was trying to do was tell Tech their father had passed away in his arms. A puddle of water knocked him out of his thoughts as he sped into the darkness, it didn’t take him long to reach the Syndulla Residence. He pushed the bike faster when he noticed the place was up in flames. No emergency services had arrived yet so he made sure to be discreet, parking the bike where he normally parked it under a tree. Grabbing his sniper which was hidden in the plating of the bike, he ran for the residence of close friends. 

Looking up he noticed Hera’s bedroom window was open, so using the grappling hook he managed to pull himself up onto the balcony ledge. See the thing is Cham Syndulla is a very rich man and the wealth he carries, others want so they take extreme risks to get it and sometimes that means Cham would hire people to take out the ones causing harm to his family. So that is where Crosshair came into play, on the side Crosshair was what people would essentially call a hitman or a bodyguard who was incredibly good at their job. The ping Crosshair had received earlier showed Cham was in danger and Hera was the target. It didn’t help that Crosshair was the Clone Force 99 and the most wanted person in the universe, so Cham made sure Crosshair remained off any lists but it came at a cost. Crosshair had to protect Hera no matter what, it didn’t matter to Crosshair. Since Hera was Omega’s girlfriend. The worst thing Cham had ever tasked him with, was a promise and that promise could destroy his life in the future if it ever went ahead. 

Crosshair blinked remembering the conversation he had with Cham:

“Crosshair I need you to promise me something before you leave to do that job for me?” 

“What is it?” Cham smiled at the marksman’s response, he grabbed Crosshair’s hand. 

“Promise me, if it ever comes down to it and the failsafe fails. I need you to takeout the evidence of the Syndulla Family Inheritance” 

“I don’t understand, Cham. What are you asking of me?” 

“I…Crosshair, I need you to kill my daughter”

“What!” 

“Please just listen”

“This better be good, Cham!”