Chapter Twenty - Concern

"What?" Flash asked, shaking his head. "No... No, you must be wrong. Are you sure that's what it says?"
Twilight nodded. "I'm sure Flash. I'm not wrong." She handed the piece of paper back to a distraught Flash.
"I have to choose between staying here and leaving?" He studied her face, every nook and cranny, the way her face had fallen and her body shook. Her eyes were crystal-like, and full of water. He couldn't bear to see her cry.
"I can't go..." He muttered. "I can't leave you!"
Twilight smiled weakly, letting out a small sob. "You must. Please... I don't want you to leave, but you must fulfil your dream- I-"
"Twilight!" Apple Jack's voice called out, as her and the rest of her friends hurried over. "We saw you crying! What's happened? Flash?"
"I have to move..." He mumbled, looking down towards the floor. "The record company want me to move closer to their location in Cloudsdale."
"And you're going?" Rarity questioned, her tone gentle.
"He has to." Twilight answered for him. "He needs to chase his dreams.
"Wow!" Pinkie exclaimed. "You're letting him go? You're okay with NEVER EVER seeing him again?"
Twilight let out a louder sob, and shook even more with Pinkie's words. She sprinted away from her friends, and into the back garden,
"PINKIE!!!" The friends chorused in annoyance.
"What?" Pinkie shrugged. "I was telling the truth. I hoped it might make her beg him to stay."
"Twilight won't make him stay Pinkie." Rainbow folded her arms. "She's not that kind of person."
Fluttershy nodded. "She'll let him go."
Flash stood staring after where Twilight had ran. "I'll go after her."
He set off after Twilight, desperate to talk to her.

Twilight sprinted through the door and out into the night, falling head first into the chest of Fireshot who was just coming inside from the back garden. He stumbled backwards, but regained his balance and caught Twilight before she fell.
"Woah, Twilight be car- Are you crying? What's wrong?" His eyes searched for answers, but Twilight pulled away.
"I can't talk right now." She mumbled, running into the depths of the garden.

Flash took large steps, his eyes wide, searching for Twilight. As he stepped outside, he was greeted by Fireshot who stopped him. "What's wrong with Twilight?" He asked concerned.
"Sorry, I can't talk, I need to find her." He blurted out. "I can tell you later."
Fireshot sighed, he was desperate to find out what was wrong with her. But Flash was in a hurry and wanted to comfort her.
"Make sure she's okay Flash-" He began, ready to point Flash in the direction of Twilight before Flash hurried away in the opposite direction. "Flash!" He called, but there was no reply. Fire took a deep breath. "I'll take her to him then."
He took off in pursuit after Twilight.

Pinkie leant against a wall, her head bowed slightly. She felt someone stand beside her and nudge her. "Pinkie."
She looked up to see Sunset Shimmer.
"You were right something bad did happen today."
"I know..." Pinkie sighed.
"What's wrong?" Sunset raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you glad that we know what it is and we can sort it out?"
"No." Pinkie stated. "Because my Pinkie sense is still tingling. This isn't it."