Chapter 55. Little One

~TA 2963 19 of October to 1 of November~

I can't believe that it has been already two years since the birth of Thurid, today is her second birthday. My little girl turns two today and I can already tell today is going to be an amazing day. These two years have been easier than I thought, Thurid is a really easy child, she doesn't cry much or make things difficult.

Thurid cries like all babies but not so much, only when something is wrong or she really needs something. With her it is easy to do my duties as a queen because I can take her to the meetings. In the meeting I just give her to Thorin and Thurid stays in her fathers arms playing with his hair. The paperwork I can do when she sleeps or just lies on the floor. When I can't watch over her, which is really rare, everyone is alright when I do not show up to some duties, Dis takes care of her.

As I guessed the day Thurid was born, she is her father's girl, not only liking his company a bit more than mine but her eyes and personality are the same as Thorin's. Thurid has my hair color but that is only thing we share at the moment if you don't count the love for animals. Duncan and Thurid come along really well and Duncan know that when she touches him it can be rough but she doesn't mean to hurt him.

Thurid can talk a bit, just simple words and crawl on her stomach. I am currently holding her as I decorate a small cake for her birthday party in the kitchen with the company. "Adad" Thurid says and starts shaking her legs and feet. I look over and see Thorin walking in. Thurid has always this reaction when she sees her father. "Men gehyith, Gishavel" Thorin greets us. I think it's the sweetest think when he call Thurid his little dove.

Thorin walks over to us and gives us both a kiss on the forehead. "Thorin, can you take her. She won't stop moving" I say when holding my daughter becomes really hard. Thorin takes her into his arms and Thurid calms down instantly smiling up at him. I finish decorating the cake. "Is everyone ready?" I ask Thorin. "Yes, they will be here in ten minutes" he replies.

"Adad" Thurid says again getting Thorin's attention. She seems happy when she has his attention again before pointing at an apple. "Do you want that?" I ask and she nods smiling at me. Thurid teeth have already grown, not all but about half already so she can eat small things that are hard. I cut the apple into small pieces and and take the half of it to her and the other half I eat myself.

"Here you go" I say feeding her the apple pieces. She happily eats them and sometimes giving me and Thorin a few pieces. "You both are something else" Thorin says warping his other arm around my waist. I don't think the was or will ever be words that can describe how much I love them both.

"We are here" Kili shouts, not loud enough to alarm Thurid. Actually I think they can't alarm her because she likes both of them more than I would like at the moment, they will be trouble when Thurid grows. The whole company including Gloin's and Bombur's wives, Tauriel, Dis and Sigrid. Thurid waves her hand towards Fili and Kili who wave back at her.

We all stand there in the kitchen, the dwarves moving two tables together so we can all sit down. I sit next to Thorin who is holding Thurid. Bombur made a cake for the rest of us and I made a small cake for Thurid alone. After she took her first bite the rest of us start eating and talking, Fili and Kili make stupid faces at Thurid making her smile the whole time.

Everyone brought some kind of gift for her, wooden toys, a small knitted raven, jewelry and some other things and clothes. Thorin and I made her a small book in which I will draw pictures and write stories so she can remember these things, and Thorin got her a small grown. He spoils her too much but I am not going to stop him, it's too sweet.

___________________________

"Thorin, do you know where Thurid is?" I ask, sitting at our table writing a letter to Bilbo, he ask nearly in every letter how she is doing. Bilbo really loves her and wants to see here soon, he saw here last over a year ago when he visited the mountain. "I don't know" Thorin says looking around, he was writing a letter to Dain, who is currently back to Ironhills.

We both stand up and start looking for Thurid around the room. I start to get worried when I don't see her but then I notice a sock on the floor next to our bed. "Thorin, I found her sock" I say walking closer to our bed Thorin right behind me. It's really hard to watch over her when she wants to move around but most of the time she doesn't move too far away.

We both kneel to the ground and I lift the blanket so we can see under the bed. We are greeted by the sight of our sleeping daughter. She somehow managed to crawl under our bed and now she is peacefully sleeping under the bed. To my surprise she isn't alone, Duncan's head rests on her shoulder while she hugs the raven ans wolf plush toys.

"That is adorable" I whisper as we both just watch Thurid sleeping there. "Yes she is" Thorin says as we slowly and carefully stand up. We walk over to the couch and sit down. "I am so glad that she is so easy to take care of" I say leaning on Thorin's shoulder. "Me too, she is hundred times easier than Fili or Kili" Thorin say as he pulls me closer to him.

"I am so happy to share this with you Gishavel" Thorin says. "I am too Thorin. I can't say how grateful I am for you staying by my side and helping me trough all of this" I say. Thorin gently cups my face before kissing me. I don't think I can ever get tired of him kissing me this way. His kisses always show how much he loves me.

_________________________

"Where are you, I can't find you anywhere. I give up" I say when I try to find my daughter. Thorin hid her and then I should find her, this is our way of teaching her how hide and seek works. I actually found her about ten minutes ago because she can't stop giggling.

"Amad" she calls when she doesn't want to be hidden anymore. "There are you" I say as I lift her from the closet floor. Thurid happily giggles and hugs me, her little hands around my neck. Thorin left to bring a few papers to Balin and in that time I played with her.

The door to our rooms opens and Thurid shouts "Adad" when Thorin walks over to us. She can't ever get tired of seeing her father, no matter how short their time apart is. He walks over to us smiling, his smile is one of the most beautiful things in this world. "Y/N, will you dance with me?" Thorin asks. I still can't dance well but I enjoy it with him.

"Yes" I say. Thorin places his hands around my waist and I put my other hand around his neck, with the other I hold Thurid. She looks at both of us with big eyes watching what we are doing. Thorin starts slowly moving and I follow his lead, we dance slowly in front of our fireplace. Thurid is leaning her head on Thorin shoulder smiling.

"I love you both so much" Thorin says as we continue our dance. "I love you both too, my little one and my king" I say running my fingers trough Thorin's hair and kissing Thurid's head. "Ove you" Thurid says placing a clumsy kiss on our cheeks. We both smile wide at her way of saying that she loves us and I know that we both think the same How someone can be this cute.

Here is a new chapter, this is more a filler chapter but i thought that you maybe like this.
We still have five chapters left.
I just realized while listening Lotr that Tolkien actually had a dwarf named Floi and he died in Moria and I came up with the same name by myself.
I found the dwarvish in a book here on Wattpad by lunawolf8074. ~R