Chapter 45. Unexpected guests

~TA 2946 30 of April~

I have now lived nearly a year in Erebor and it has been amazing. Even when it has been amazing I still miss Bilbo, I haven't seen him since I left the Shire. As these thoughts run trough my head I get an amazing idea. I jump up from my bed and run out of my room. It's currently dinner time so I expect everyone to be in the kitchen.

"I have an idea, I have an idea!!" I shout as I run into the kitchen where the company and Gloin's family, Bombur's wife, Dis and Tauriel sit. "Here we go again" Thorin says knowing that my ideas aren't the most normal ones.

"I want to visit Bilbo. What if the whole company visit's him just like when we first met without Gandalf" I say not caring if anyone wanted to ask me anything. "That is an great idea" Fili and Kili say grinning. "Seeing Bilbo again would be nice actually" Balin says and I can hear the honesty in his voice.

"Alright, I can ask the eagles to a ride and make everything else work" Thorin says knowing that I will annoy him until I get what I want and I believe that he wants to see Bilbo too. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I say exited and kiss his cheek before running to my room to pack a few things that I will need on a short trip and something that I can give Bilbo.

________________________________

Later that we all fourteen stand near the watch post where we first saw the mountain waiting for the eagles to come to us. The dwarves of Erebor and Ironhills are good friends with the eagles, so that's why we can ask them for favors. In return the dwarves protect the eagles and help them in difficult times.

I jump in one place exited that I can meet my brother again and see the eagles. "Gishavel, you need to calm down" Thorin says smiling at my excitement. I know that I sometimes act a little immature but it's part of my personality when I am comfortable around people.

After a while of waiting the eagles finally arrive and we climb on their backs after I gently petted their heads as a thank you. I flew again over the familiar places, Mirkwood, Beorn's home, Misty Mountains, Rivendell. Then behind the trees I see the small hills of the Shire.

The eagles land in the same place where I left the Shire. "Thank you for the help" I say to the eagles, they promised to take us back too. I stay a while just watching as the eagles fly away and after they have disappeared in the horizon. After that I run to catch the dwarves as they slowly walk towards the border of Shire.

"I will go now" Dwalin says and leaves so he arrives nearly at the same time as he met Bilbo for the first time. We wait as everyone leaves so that they arrive like they did the first time. I stay there until everyone leaves until it's just me and Thorin. We both sit on the ground waiting, we need to wait longer because grumpy was late the first time too. I lean my head on his shoulder.

3rd person Pov

Bilbo sits at his table squeezing lemon on his fish when suddenly the doorbell rings. I didn't invite anyone, who could it be? Bilbo thinks as he walks towards the round door. As Bilbo opens the door and behind it stands a familiar bald dwarf. "Dwalin at your service" Dwalin says smiling and bowing to the shocked hobbit.

"Wait what?" Bilbo says not understanding what is Dwalin doing in his house. He still tries to understand the whole situation as Dwalin walks into the kitchen asking "Where is the food?" Bilbo gives him quickly something to eat without getting any words out of his mouth.

Before he has time to recover from the shock the doorbell rings again. This time when the door is opened there stands a white bearded dwarf who says "Balin at your service" bowing. "How?" Bilbo is even more confused right now than he was before. What is going on Bilbo thinks looking at the brothers who talk to each other.