Chapter 16. Cells

~TA 2941 24 of August to 21 of September~

Everyone else are taken straight to the dungeons except me and Thorin. We are taken in front of a throne, on it sit a blonde elf with a branch crown. "Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand. A quest to reclaim a homeland and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive: attempted burglary, or something of that ilk." The elf speak and look at Thorin.

"You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule: the King's Jewel, the Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in the mountain that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help." he continues speaking, I think his voice is annoying.

"I am listening." Thorin say. "I will let you go, if you but return what is mine." the elf say. Thorin walk farther from the elf and closer to me, saying "A favor for a favor.". "You have my word. One king to another." the elf say. "I would not trust Thranduil, the great king, to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us!" Thorin shout, still his back turn to the elf. So this is the elf who betrayed Thorin, I hate him now.

"You lack all honor! I've seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help, but you turned your back. You turned away from the suffering of my people and the inferno that destroyed us!" Thorin shout pointing Thranduil. "Imrid amrad ursul!" Thorin shout again. Thranduil step down from his throne and put his face close to Thorin, saying "Do not talk to me of dragon fire. I know its wrath and ruin. I have faced the great serpents of the north.".

His face change, it look bunt, one of his eye is white. Pulling his head back, his face returns back to normal. "I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon, but he would not listen." Thranduil say and walk back to his throne. "You are just like him." he say. " Shut up! You don't talk to him like that, you worthless king" I shout to Thranduil. He come quick back down and hit me straight in my face, I hear Thorin growl. "Stay here if you will, and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I am patient. I can wait." Thranduil say before we are lead to the dungeons.

____________________________________

They throw us into the same cell, I notice the other are alone. I fall to the ground and stay laying there. "Did he offer you a deal?" I hear Balin ask. "He did. I told him he could go 'Ish kakhfê ai'd dur rugnu!' - him and all his kin!" Thorin bark. "Well...that's it, then. A deal was our only hope." Balin say with a sigh. "Not our only hope." Thorin say hopefully. Then I remember that I didn't saw Bilbo anywhere.

Thorin turn to me saying "Are you alright?". He look worried, my cheek still hurts. "It hurt a bit" I say while tears come up to my eyes, but I don't want to cry. Thorin step closer to me and place his hand on my cheek. It hurt a bit, but it make me blush and I don't really feel the pain. His thumb stroke across my cheek, it is strange how hands that have done so much hard work can touch someone so gentle.

I lean to his tough, Thorin's hand is so warm and the cell is cold. "Thorin, why is here so cold?" I ask him. "Because that pointy eared princess don't care about someone else as himself" Thorin growl. I start shiver from cold, Thorin seem to notice that. He walk to me and pull me down to the floor and then next to him. Thorin's and my sides tough and he warps his hand around my shoulders. He is warm and the warmth make me sleepy and before I know I fall asleep.

_______________________________

When I wake up on morning or night, I hear the red-haired elf say "The stone in your hand, what is it?". I move gently towards the door, trying not to wake Thorin, moving his hand. "It is a talisman. A powerful spell lies upon it. If any but a dwarf reads the runes on this stone, they will be forever cursed." Kili say, I see them talking to each other. "Or not, depending on whether you believe that kind of thing. It's just a token." he continues with a smile. Finally I find a reason how I can tease Kili, now it's his turn.