Chapter 11. Out of the pan and into the fire

~TA 2941 19 of July~

Finally we got back to the daylight. We stop finally running, I let myself fall down on the ground and stay there while Gandalf count if everyone was here "Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili, Y/N...that's twelve...and Bombur - that makes fourteen. Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!". Anxiously I get up and try to see my brother, but he is nowhere to be found. Had he been left with the goblins? It can't be, I can feel myself starting to panic.

"Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!" Dwalin say. "I thought he was with Dori!" Gloin say. "Don't blame me!" Dori say defending himself. "Well, where did you last see him?" Gandalf ask worried. I start cry and breath heavily because I can't hold it any more. Fili and Kili both hug me and try to comfort me with it. "I think I saw him slip away, when they first collared us." Nori say.

"What happened exactly? Tell me!" Gandalf demand us. "I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone." Thorin say, this made my anger rise again. I didn't even know if I was crying from anger or worry. I was just yelling at Thorin when someone interrupted me.

"No, he isn't." Bilbo say and step out behind a tree. I run to him and hug him tightly saying "Never do that again". Gandalf say with a laugh "Bilbo Baggins! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life!". After a moment I let him go, an follow him as he walk towards the company.

"Bilbo, we'd given you up!" Kili exclaim happily. "How on earth did you get past the Goblins?!" Fili ask my brother. "How, indeed." Dwalin say. Bilbo doesn't answer right away, he just laugh nervously. But luckily Gandalf save the situation by asking "Well, what does it matter? He's back!". "It matters! I want to know: why did you come back?" Thorin ask irritated, I can't read his expression what he's thinking.

"Look, I know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back, cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can." Bilbo say. Everyone is quiet and think about what Bilbo just said. Gandalf smile with satisfaction, and I was just proud of my brother even though he is older then me.

Our happy moment interrupts a howl, I feel the panic start inside me again. "Out of the frying pan..." Thorin begins. "...and into the fire! Run! RUN!" Gandalf completes Thorin's sentence. Then we set off to run down the mountain as fast as we can, the Wargs following. I watch Bilbo kill one of the wargs who appeared in front of him. We arrive end of the mountain where only a couple of trees grow, we find that we are in dead end, either we die or we jump down a cliff.

"Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!"Gandalf shout and so we start climb up trees. "They're coming!" Thorin shout in a warning. I climb up the tree by myself, I didn't need help because I have always climbed trees. I watch from the tree how Bilbo climb safely just before the wargs come. The wargs turn to look at a whit warg ridden by a pale orc. "Azog?!" Thorin say in shock.

So this is the orc who killed Thorin's grandfather. He seem very unpleasant and scary. "Nuzdigid? Nuzdi gast? Ganzilig-i unarug obod nauzdanish, Torin undag Train-ob." Azog speak in the black speech. "It cannot be." Thorin say, as I look at him I see sadness and pain in his eyes. "Kod, Toragid biriz. Worori-da!" Azog say just like if it was an order. Immediately after that, the wargs try to climb up the trees, they jump as high they can. I and the others have a hard time to hold on.

"Sho gad adol!" Azog roar. One of the trees begins to falter under the weight of the wargs, The members of the company in that tree jump in the next. This reaction causes a domino effect, and so only one tree is finally up and we're all there. I watch Gandalf take a con and set it on fire, then throwing it at the wargs. Then Gandalf ignite a couple of other cones and gives one to Fili saying "Fili!"

Fili help others to ignite more cones and with them we trow the wargs. I hear Azog roar in anger as we cheer. But my cheer ends when the roots of the tree start to fail and the tree fall so that it's partly over the edge. I try to hold on on the branch where I am an succeed, looking down only increases my desire to stay in the tree and not let go.

"Aahhh! Oh! Oh no!" Ori shout, I turn to see what's wrong and see him hanging from Dori's leg. "Mister Gandalf!" Dori shout, But the extra weight make Dori loses his grib, but luckily he gets a grib on Gandalf's staff that Gandalf push towards him. "Hold on, Ori" Dori say to his brother.

Thorin stand up with his sword out and start walk down the tree trunk. At the end of the way, Thorin start to run trough the burning branches towards Azog. I'm afraid for him,he's reckless, but I can't deny that he look pretty awesome there. I watch how Thorin try to fight against the White Warg, but it hits him to the ground with its front paw. "Help!" I hear Ori cry But I can't turn my gaze away from the fight.

Thorin manage to get back up, but Azog swing his gavel directly in Thorin's face, causing him fall to the ground again. "Nooo!" Balin shout. The White Warg close its mouth around Thorin making him cry in pain. "Thorin! Nooo!" Dwalin shout in terror for his friend. I let out a small cry, I have never seen a fight where my friend gets hurt. Thorin somehow manage to hit the White warg on the head, at that it throw Thorin many feet away on the rock. "Biriz torag khobdudol." Azog order his orcs.

I pull out my own sword and see Bilbo doing the same. I can't just sit there and watch him die. We hurry towards Thorin, one of the orcs is holding a sword over his throat ready to kill him. Just as the orc rise its sword, Bilbo and I throw ourselves on it and kill it together. Azog roar in anger, we stand in front of Thorin, protecting him. Azog say something to make orcs head towards us.

Suddenly Fili, Kili and Dwalin join the fight, they have somehow managed to climb out of the tree. We all fight but I stay to protect Thorin. When the situation start to look hopeless, I hear a eagle scream and see a eagle grab a warg and throw it down the cliff. Many other eagles join the fight, one eagle grab unconscious Thorin. When Thorin is lifted, his oaken shield drops, just before the eagles pick me I go and pick the shield, because I think it's important to Thorin. Azog roar in anger as we fly out of his reach. My heart beats still fast from terror and adrenaline, I never have seen so much blood at the same time.

I sit on the back of a eagle as we glide through the sky, I enjoy flying, I have always wanted to fly. "Thorin!" Fili try to call his uncle, but he lies unconscious in the claws of eagle...

What you think about this chapter? I have a big test next Tuesday, we must remember all from the third grade to ninth grade.
Here is a link to a playlist that I made about this book, if you want go listen it. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/65rRLTpOYKEwWbg4o8uBLc?si=HBrKHrlfS5yL1kC4S_DIzg&utm_source=copy-link
~R