Chap 17

~

"I can't risk anybody's life in this, P'Mew. I can't ask for help without knowing the depth of this case. Dad, I need your help in this," I requested my dad.

~

"Baby, DDT is not about the test results alone anymore. It's dangerous to get involved in this case. You don't know how tricky and risky it is," I pleaded to my husband Beam to hear me. At least, this once.

~

"Khun Kong suggested getting photo evidence and DDT samples from the rig during the event," I slowly replied as I watched Beam's frowns deepen.

"No. Drop the plan!"

"But, baby..."

"No! Forth. Your CEO, Khun Saen, will be there for the event, and some of his trusted people will be there too. Forth what you're suggesting is a suicide mission. I won't allow you," stated Beam heatedly.

~

"Baby, I'll be alright. And I need you here to do me a favour," I said as I pulled an envelope out of my back bag and handed it over to Beam.

~

"I promise, baby. I love you," I vowed as I hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead.

~

~1982, 30th June~

D-Day for the mission.

"Forth, get out of here! They know about our plans already," said P'Kong as soon as he got to the locker room. He pulled me away from the DDT locker room as he entered room suddenly.

'He was supposed to be out there watching out for the guards. How did our plan leak?' I thought. But the evidence is almost within my reach.

I can't drop the plan now.

"P'Kong, I only need a few more minutes. How did they know about it, Phi?" I asked, alarmed as I tried to transfer the files into my pen drive.

"We don't have time for this. Drop the plan! My uncle knows it's you, so please leave faster!" shouted P'Kong hysterically as he pulled me away from the room will full force.

But it was too late. Khun Saen, with his loyal bodyguards, has surrounded us. It looks like the event ended early.

I got shaken as this was not part of our plan. We went through several outcomes where we could get caught and get away. But, none of it included getting captured by Khun Saen himself.

"P'Kong, you go left. I'll go right. We can take them down," I whispered to him as I structured an escape route in my head.

We both could fight our way out to escape this situation. If we could get away from them and jump off the ship, we could swim and save ourselves.

But, to my surprise, P'Kong didn't move from his spot. The guards marched forward and only captured me.

"P'Kong, what's going on here? Let go of me!" I shouted as I tried to pry my arms off the guard's stronghold.

"Well, well! Nong Forth, your P'Kong sold your plan info in exchange for his boyfriend's safety. He led us here. He betrayed you," said Khun Saen, smiling smugly at me.

It can't be true.

We were in this plan together.

P'Kong won't do this to me.