Chap 4

Hye cupcakes,

I strongly recommend you guys refer to the previous chapter to remember what happened before this.

Enjoy.

____________

"Forth! We met again," stated Leo thrilled as he did a bro fist with the newcomer.

Upon hearing the stranger's name, a gasp left Beam's mouth as he inhaled a big air into his lungs. He avoided eye contact with the new guy as Beam never likes to express his emotions openly.

Now that even the face and name of the stranger matches with the marine engineer in his dreams, the reality of finally meeting the one person he always wanted to meet become real.

The dreadful part is it become real together with the pain in his heart and a nostalgic feeling, which he doesn't know why.

"Yeah, it's the campaign arranged by my faculty. So you guys are the medical staff from overseas?" asked Forth but, his eyes stayed on Beam's face even though the other didn't face him.

"We are not the staff. We are 3rd-year medical students under a transfer program from Canada. Meet my best friend, Beam," introduced Leo, happily unknown of Beam's mood change.

"Hi B-,"

"We should get on the bus. It's getting late," said Beam cutting off Forth as he walked past Forth and got on the bus. Beam's sudden change in mood confused Leo and worried Forth.

"Your friend is right. We should get going, bro," stated Forth as he guided the confused Leo and his own set of friends into the bus.

Leo sat beside Beam and noticed that the laters eyes were quite red and sad, unlike a few minutes ago. As the bus left the campus compound, Leo started to interrogate Beam.

"You okay, meng?" asked Leo worriedly.

"Hmmm," replied Beam shortly.

"What happened out there?" questioned Leo more.

"Nothing," answered Beam in one word, not interested.

"Nothing? Beam, you never cut off a person like that before. Do you know Forth before this? Is he your enemy from high school or something? Should I complain about him to your dad? How about telling grandpa Gulf?" asked Leo in single breathing.

"Are you trying to perform a rap here, Leo? Ask one question a time, will you?" replied Beam, annoyed.

"Did he not pass your vibe check? Talk to me, Beam. You had never behaved like that before," urged Leo as he noticed how pale Beam's face was getting with each passing minute.

"I don't think I know him personally even though I felt like it, and it has nothing to do with my vibe check. I felt a slight headache coming my way just now. I'm going to take a nap. So, don't bother me, okay?" finished Beam without giving any other options to Leo.

Forth watched Beam and Leo interacting from the last seat on the bus. He has no idea what went wrong. He is sure that he saw the curious eyes and the smile in Beam's lip the moment their eyes met.

But what changed it? Why did Beam give him the painful eyes and the betrayed look before he got onto the bus?

So what now? Should he approach Beam as he always wanted, or should he leave him alone?

"Ai'Forth, do you know Mo'Beam before? What happened out there?" question Run as he sat in between Inn and Forth in the back seat.

"Nothing," said Forth as he closed his eyes to avoid further questions from his preying friends.