Chap 7

"Ai' Leo," called Beam as he waited for his friend to look at him.

"Why haven't you get on the bus, Beam? Are you waiting for someone or something?" asked Leo as he noticed Beam's weird behaviour.

Beam was drawing a circle in the sand with his shoes. He was also acting too shy with a pink tint for Leo's liking.

What is he doing?!

"Actually... I want to request something.
Huh-can you like-sit in a different place or with Nong Fiat?" asked Beam shyly as he avoided eye contact.

"Aren't you going too fast in courting him, meng?" teased Leo as he messed Beam's hair.

"I'M NOT!!.... I want to spend more time with him.

Maybe share some childhood stories or something," replied Beam shyly with a tint of pink in his cheeks.

"What did you say? Why is he blushing in front of you?" comes an accusing voice behind them.

"Why? Are you jealous?" teased Leo again.

"No. More like I'm getting irritated and angry. Why don't you stick with Nong Fiat instead? Leave my Beam alone," said Forth as he dragged Beam away from Leo as laughed hysterically at their childish behaviour.

"Why were you blushing towards him? Do you like him, Khun Beam?" asked Forth straight away without hiding his jealousy.

"Never. Leo is like my brother," answered Beam, but his blush didn't leave his face or reduced.

"Then why are you still blushing?" whined Forth, unlike his usual gang leader vibe.

"Cause he was teasing me with you....," answered Beam in a small voice as his blush increased.

"Huh?!" Forth looked at him, confused with a frown.

"Has anybody ever said that you're a little dumb sometimes?" asked Beam as he noticed that Forth had no idea what he was implying.

"Yes.....," said Forth in doubt, cause the poor guy still doesn't get the point.

"Sit beside me later. Leo will be with Nong Liat," replied Beam as he got on the bus with a sigh.

Haih, He has a long way to go.

"You are stupid!" said Inn as he climbed on the bus after Beam.

"What? Why?!" asked Forth, particularly to nobody.

"Because you are, boss," answered Run as he placed his arms around Forth's shoulder.

"Why....??"

"Mo'Beam was shy and blushing because Mo' Leo teased him about you and him. Not because he likes Mo'Leo. Got it?" Run was kind enough to explain it to him.

"Ohhh, So Khun Beam was shy because of me," said Forth as he smiled, proud and content.

"Maybe Mo' Beam should find someone else to love. You're too dumb for him," added Run as he shook his head disapprovingly and got on the bus leaving, Forth behind.

~

"Mo'Leo, have you passed all the medical equipment and meds to the logistics team?" asked Inn as he settled behind Beam's seat.

He and Run will be sitting in between ForthBeam and LeoFiat.

"I have, Khun Inn," replied Leo politely.

"Mo'Leo, if I'm not wrong, we are all of the same age. You can call me Inn. No need to add Khun all the time," replied Inn friendly.

"I'll call you Inn if you start to call me Leo, not Mo'Leo. I'm not even a doctor yet, right Beam?" stated Leo, with Beam agreeing with him.