"Okay." I say.

"Where is it?"

"You will see when you arrive. Bye." Chuckling, I cut the call, continuing on my way.

*************************

Closing my eyes, I put my joined palms before me, bowing before Him.

"Dear God, thank you for this beautiful life you have gifted me with and forgive me if I have not expressed my gratefulness enough for it. First of all, thank you for keeping my family, my friends and my closed ones safe and sound. For giving us strength to live."

Squeezing my eyelids tight, I finally say what I came here for.

"And there was something else that I wanted to say. Something important. There is a boy, no man that I like...Alessandro. Not actually like. Maybe something more. I do not know anymore." I groan in confusion. "You remember, I prayed for someone's safety last week. He is that one. Thank you for hearing my prayers."

I pause, trying to find the right words.

"He is good with me." I smile while saying. "Cares about me, worries for me, likes me. He is really amazing. But I am scared, you know. He is the first man and it is hard for me to believe men after that incident. But I want to. Like hell I want to."

Huffing, I continue, "Please lead me, God. I do not know what my feelings are for him exactly but what I do know is that it is beautiful and I do not want to loose it. Show me the right path. You are Almighty, you know what is best for everyone. You..."

Something shuffles beside me, breaking my focus.

Letting it slide, I go on again. "I apologize for the interruption, God. As I was saying..."

"Praying for me?" A deep voice whispers near my ear and the hot exhale hits my neck, making goosebumps rise on my arms.

The proximity and the familiarity of the voice brings out a natural response. "You are always in my prayers." And before I can even comprehend, the words slip out, making me bite the corner of my lip in embarrassment.

There is silence for long.

Then he mutters, "I will be waiting outside. Come when you are done."

I just nod my head silently, not daring to open my eyes.

When the sound of his footsteps fade, I start, turning my attention to God again.

"He is the said man who has been invading my dreams these days." I giggle, confessing.

"Thank you for looking out for all of us. Thank you for always being there. Protecting us, providing for us. Just keep us under your wings, there is nothing more I want. In Jesus' Name, Amen." Making the holy cross with my fingers, I get up.

Exiting the church, I see Alessandro leaning on one of his expensive cars, his back against the door, arms folded on his chest and one foot crossed over the other.

He never uses one car twice, does he?

He is wearing a black dress shirt today with top two buttons undone paired with dark grey pants. Without a tie and sleeves rolled up. Shades are covering those dark brooding eyes of his. The jewel studded watch on his veiny wrist reflects the sunlight on my face and I squint my eyes.