Chapter 10

I pulled into the small parking lot in front of Cesar's tiny light red house, stained with splotches of peeling paint. I walked up and rang the doorbell, feeling so upset about everything that had just happened.
"Avia." He answered the door and didn't hesitate to pull me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him buried my face in his shirt, tears making their way out. "Look at me." He lifted my chin. "Are you alright?"
I shook my head slowly and pulled back into the hug. I didn't want to let go.
"Come on, sit down." He walked me over to the couch, his hand around my waist. "What's going on?" His eyes looked so caring, so concerned.
"Everything. Everything is going on, Cesar! My own mom just kicked me out because I told her about us. She told me she wouldn't talk to me until I broke up with you. She told me she didn't want to see me again until you were out of my life." I burst into more tears.
"Than please, just get me out of your life, Avia. I care so much about you, too much to let you suffer like this. I can't be the reason you grow up to hate your mom. Just leave me, ok? I won't be upset. I will be more upset if you stay with me and ruin your relationship with your family." He brushed the hair out of my face.
"No. I'm not letting her control my life. She doesn't have any right to tell me I can't see you." I cried.
"Avia-"
"No. I'm not doing that to you. I can't abandon you just because my mom is being so out of line." I sounded so over dramatic, but I truly felt like everything was falling apart.
"Avia, please. I don't want to hold-"
"Cesar. I am not leaving you. I love you." My mouth stayed open. The words glided off my fragile tongue. I stared at him as my eyes began to water. My mind repeated over and over. I love you. Cesar remained silent for what felt like eternity. I prayed he didn't hear me say it, but there's no denying he did. I stood up and made my way towards the door, feeling sick to my stomach. I didn't even look back. I grabbed the doorknob and tried to get out of this entire mess, but I was stopped by Cesar grabbing my arm.
"I love you." He said. "I love you, too."

---------------------------------------

Ermagurd. It happened guys. I can't even begin to express my feelings. This book is just- wow. I'm such a mess. I am so mad about the season 8 finale to the Big Bang theory. I am so mad at Colette in this story. In real life Colette is bae, though. But yeah... The feels are too much right now. This book is by far consuming my every thought.