65. new threats.

ACT TWO
(new threats)

    GLENN AND VERONÍCA laughed lowly at Rory's words. The boy sat in between them, laying his head on Glenn's shoulder as he mumbled dumb jokes.

Unfortunately Sasha, Rick and Tyreese reentered the church; they knew something was very wrong. Seeing as they all look visibly angry, their sights set on Gabriel.

Both Glenn and Vee had now begun watching intently, zoning out Rory's voice as they did so.

Sasha reached Gabriel first, immediately questioning him as she did so. "What are you doing?—This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now four of us are gone."

"I—I don't.."

Glenn softly shushed Rory as Veroníca stood up, making her way closer to Tyreese.

"I don't have anything to do with this." Gabriel stammered, nervousness clearly running through him.

Sasha didn't verbally respond, opting to pull out her knife in a threatening manner.

The action caused Maggie and Tyreese to scold her, her brother telling her it was a bad idea. Not that she cared. "Who's out there?"

"I—I don't have anything to do with this—"

"Where are our people?" Sasha repeated, getting closer to the man.

It was then that Glenn glanced around, trying to figure out who was missing. He subtly glanced through the group's faces, his heart dropping when he had put it together.

Daryl, Carol, Bob and Aiden were gone.

"Where are our people?!" Sasha yelled again, making Glenn focus back on the situation at hand.

Sasha's eyes were watery as Gabriel continued to deny any involvement. She then took a few steps backwards, disgust still on her face as she let Rick take her spot.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Rick questioned, although his tone was more calm. He was definitely more intimidating. "You working with someone?"

"I'm alone. I'm alone—I was always alone!"

"What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her? You'll burn for this. That was for you, Why?"

Veroníca was still unaware that her brother was missing, which is why she hadn't butt in. Leaving Rick to question the man.

"I didn't—"

"What—what did you do?" Rick yelled, grabbing a hold of Gabriel's shirt as he pulled him closer to him. A few inches away from his face. "What did you do?!"

Gabriel pushed Rick fully off him, taking a deep breath before answering. "I lock the doors at night. I always lock the doors at night—I always—They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed the night before and they were scared. They were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe. It was so early—It was so early. The doors were still locked. You see, it was my choice. There were so many of them, they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me. So—the dead came for them.. Women, children.. Entire families were calling my name as they were torn apart. Begging me for mercy. Damning me to hell."